Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...stupid question...I drive a 2008 Premium WRX hatch and i was wondering how we activate the Sirius thing? I dont know anything about it but i heard we get like some months subscription or something...you might have to tell me in details because i am a little slow some times...haha thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Just call them, the car come with a 3 month free trial, you do need a credit card to activate your account tho

·
Registered
100 Posts
Satellite radio is just more of regular radio. I don't know how much Sirius differs from XM, but I had the opportunity to try XM a couple of years ago and I wasn't impressed. The only thing I liked about it was I got to listen to any hockey game that was on.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
its similar to mp3 quality (they actually advertise as CD quality haha)

·
Registered
273 Posts
All it is, is unedited radio...and sports and waht not......trust me your no tmissing anything from the FM on there

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have sirius in my truck currently, and it's way better than XM...and infinitely better than listening to regular radio. i like that i have access to a ton of channels, and that i can easily choose the music genre i want to listen to...with very minimal interruptions. this isn't a plug or anything, just an opinion.

I want to get it put into my new WRX (which i take delivery of today...WOOT), but i don't want to put $400 into upgrading the stock head unit if i don't have to. i've read that sirius is pre-wired, but then subaru sells some kind of kit (no idea what's in the kit and why it's 400 bucks). i wonder if i can just "hook up the wire" if it's that easy...doubtful, but wouldn't it be great if...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had Sirius in my other car and since my GF had XM from the factory in hers I went with XM in my car. Either one is actually really good if you do any amount of driving and hate commercials like me. And so much music to listen too. Well worth the $12 a month. I was sceptical until I bought it myself. As for the kit, yeah $400 is kind of steap and I will not lie I was kind of disappointed with the antenna placement but it sure was nice to not have something mounted on my windshield and be able to control the channels through the steering wheel. I am sure if you are good with stereo type stuff you could do something cheaper but I am not so I went with the factory XM. Also Sirius and XM are still in talks about a merge I think it is still muddled in the FCC but I will bet they will merge so it won't matter too much longer which company you go with.

Seth

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Im selling sirius unit so i have access to some promotional plan...
6month for free, i do a survey and a few question online and i get another 6month free... some more question and i got an aditional 3month (the rep told me that i can go on like that for like 2 year)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Im selling sirius unit so i have access to some promotional plan...
6month for free, i do a survey and a few question online and i get another 6month free... some more question and i got an aditional 3month (the rep told me that i can go on like that for like 2 year)
LOL that is awesome. I should have done the same thing.

Seth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts