Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did the oil change my self...
My question is can I bring it back athe next xxxx mile service?
Also will Subaru still do it if the car has "mods"?
Thanks

·
Registered
700 Posts
yes and yes. but if you care for your warranty take off your mods. dealers can make notes of this stuff

·
Registered
700 Posts
who cares bout ripping them off. they ripped you off when they sold you the car lol. subaru has not seen my car since i bought it.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I'm over 20k miles now have subaru hasn't done a check on my car yet. They've had it in for other reasons but I'm still running strong. As for mods, I would also advise to take them off before going it. It's not about ripping them off since they always rip us off with parts. I went in to get a new TPMS sensor, they wanted 82, I found it for 20$ cheaper or something of that sort from jamie on SGP. They wanted 100$ to install my mirror on top of an extra 100 for parts...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Well I did the oil change my self...
My question is can I bring it back athe next xxxx mile service?
Also will Subaru still do it if the car has "mods"?
Thanks
What mods do you have?

You know what screw'em... They don't make a huge amount off of the sale; they make their money on the long term service and repair side. That is why there is 4 salesmen and 15 mechanics.

This is what you do... If you are in the dealership, try to pull one of the mechanics aside and talk to them, ask him how mod friendly is the dealership? A good way to do that is drop your car off and get a ride back to work or home. At my dealership the shuttle drivers are also mechanics. Here’s the bottom line: There is a weak link in this chain... the link is between the mechanics and what he writes on the service order and ultimately recorded in Subaru's computer. Maybe the mechanic just forgets to note that you have an aftermarket DP, TMIC and a CAI on your car. Stranger things have happened ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
What mods do you have?

You know what screw'em... They don't make a huge amount off of the sale; they make their money on the long term service and repair side. That is why there is 4 salesmen and 15 mechanics.

This is what you do... If you are in the dealership, try to pull one of the mechanics aside and talk to them, ask him how mod friendly is the dealership? A good way to do that is drop your car off and get a ride back to work or home. At my dealership the shuttle drivers are also mechanics. Here’s the bottom line: There is a weak link in this chain... the link is between the mechanics and what he writes on the service order and ultimately recorded in Subaru's computer. Maybe the mechanic just forgets to note that you have an aftermarket DP, TMIC and a CAI on your car. Stranger things have happened ;)

[/quote]

my dealer takes pics of what ever is damaged and the whole engine bay and send the pics to subaru to make sure its not modified so they can warranty it or not so do be careful. if your were worried bout warranty and stuff dont modify the car.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I pulled a mechanic aside at my dealership... Real nice guy... he told me that... the guys that completely mod their car out... Stage 3 turbo swap, even stage 4 and then neglect to work on the transmission. b!tch and moan that they blew the clutch and transmission in a weekend and it is was under warranty... bring the car all the way back to stock and have it towed into the shop basically with the transmission in a box in the back seat. Then they try to pass it off as a warranty job...

so that is why they are taking pictures...

He said you can tell the min they walk through the door if they have really modded their car out... The idea is to fly in under the radar...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thing is I am getting a OpenSource tune in out 2 weeks for a DP. I have heard about the turbo oil return line cracking or something and am still waiting for that letter from Subaru saying to go in for the fix. By the time I will alreay have a DP and the Tune. Can I run the custom if I put it back to stock?

·
Registered
700 Posts
im not sure of the vins. just go look at the turbo and look at the oil line that runs on top. if you have a little brace holding it sorta in the middle your fine

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I think you still need to get it checked out too... This picture was taken a while ago I think about 6 months or so:

This picture was taken yesterday AFTER THE BRACKET INSTALL

Now they told me that they did install the bracket on my car, unless they lied that is not the recall bracket...

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
My VIN was in the VINS specified but I have that bracket... And on topic I have 15000 on mine and it has never been to Subaru.. Screw EM.. I do all my own stuff and make records of all of them..

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
My point is I don't think that is the bracket... I think it is under the heat shield... If you look at my first picture you will notice that I am missing a bolt in the TMIC connection to the turbo :eek: :eek: That is why I took the first picture... the second pic was taken yesterday after they said that I had the bracket installed. The bracket is in both pics :-\

My VIN was in the VINS specified but I have that bracket... And on topic I have 15000 on mine and it has never been to Subaru.. Screw EM.. I do all my own stuff and make records of all of them..

If you are going to do it yourself make sure you keep records of EVERYTHING!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts