Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed an issue this week. After I've been at school all day (teaching), when I attempt to start my car it will crank but not start until after couple of attempts. I have no problems in the morning, but my car is garaged at night. I already arranged for a service appointment next weekend, but I figured I'd check here for the heck of it. After the first instance, I double-checked today to be sure I wasn't leaving a door cracked or left on any interior lights. I hadn't. It has only happened on these two occasions, but both in the past few days. I want to note also, I live in Sacramento, California so we're not talking Arctic cold here.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i live in fl and sometimes it takes several attemps to get my car going.... almost sounds like ive left the lights, strereo, and door open. i need to set up an appointment, id appreciate it if you let me know what they say after you find out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do. just find it strange it is only on those occasions. I'm totally throwing pasta against the fridge here, but could the immobilizer key have anything to do with it? I just have a feeling it's going to be one of those "we can't replicate the problem" things due to the rarity of occurrences.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've had this happen to me on two or three occasions:

I sit in the car, crank the key, and I hear it trying to start but no "turn over". It's not struggling, but not firing up as per usual. I wait a few seconds try again and it has worked.

I'm kinda fanatical about turning off the radio / headlamps / air / seat heaters every time I get out of the car, so I'm quite sure it's not due to heavy electrical loading... I'll run it by the dealer when I go in for maintenance in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you turn the key to "on" for a few sec. before starting (after the fuel pump primes) Then start it. Does it start normal? If so its prolly the seal on the fuel pump loosing pressure while sitting over night or for a long period of time. Take it back to the dealership, shoud be a quick fix it you tell them whats wrong ;)

p.s this was the case on two of my nissan spec v's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts