Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually very surprised that nobody has created an add-on lip that looks exactly like the premium lip. I'm actually dumbfounded that Subaru felt it was necessary to mold it into the bumper. The way that I see it, with the new WRX coming with the 'premium kit' as standard, it's very likely that the majority of body parts are going to be made to fit on that kit. Us non-premium guys are quickly becoming the red-headed step child and while I'm sure some parts will trickle through, the premium and '09 WRX are going to be considered the bread maker body style.

So who's brave enough to step up to the plate and start making these?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i might be wrong but i think US was the only market where there was premium and non-premium WRX
in canada all the WRX are premium and in most other country too (probably japan too)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I guess that further proves my point and that whoever could produce these would have a nice little niche market.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i guess it will worth more to produce a complete front bumper that can fit all Impreza (ex. STi0

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Given that they already sell these lips, just not in the states, I HIGHLY doubt that it is "molded" onto the bumper. I've also looked at them up close at the dealer and they don't seem "molded" on at all (though I didn't get under the bumper and see how they were actually attached. It would be far more costly to make a different front bumper for the premium and non-premium wrx's. Still, you CAN get the premium lip separately. Ask your dealer, or have it shipped from Japan if you want to pay 3x the cost.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess it will worth more to produce a complete front bumper that can fit all Impreza (ex. STi0
It might be worth more but your end profits would be less. There are more people who would purchase and paint a front lip as there are those who would purchase and paint an entire front bumper. You could purchase and paint the lip for the same price as an unpainted bumper.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Given that they already sell these lips, just not in the states, I HIGHLY doubt that it is "molded" onto the bumper. I've also looked at them up close at the dealer and they don't seem "molded" on at all (though I didn't get under the bumper and see how they were actually attached. It would be far more costly to make a different front bumper for the premium and non-premium wrx's. Still, you CAN get the premium lip separately. Ask your dealer, or have it shipped from Japan if you want to pay 3x the cost.
Do you have any links? I haven't found a single place.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Check harman motive. I would say check japanparts.com too, but their guy who posts on NASIOC is a douche and I'm trying not to refer people to them. Also, their stuff is all crazy overpriced. Alternatively, email subarugenuine parts about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts