Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got the 2008 WRX hatch in the Blue Mica. I have been reading where a lot of people have been saying that Subaru has butchered the looks of their new WRX's. I completely disagree. At first I liked the look of the older Rex's and was thinking to go with an 07 (I Like the 17's). I figured I would just go with a new car though because I didn't want a car that had been rallied into the ground. It didn't take long for the car to really grow on me though!! I think the hood scoops are way slicker looking. At first I wasn't to sure about the ridges on the door panels, but now I think it looks sweet....a bit more sporty. I actually prefer the bug eye lights of the older models but these lights on the 08's don't bug me to much. I'm thinking to get the lights tinted or to change out the lenses as long as it doesn't effect the light output (I haven't researched this yet). Another thing that was critiqued on this car was the supposedly dull interior (one source that critiqued this was Edmunds.com where they were comparing the WRX against the Mazdaspeed 3). I actually like the interior. I like the dashboard which makes you feel like you're in the cockpit of a fighter jet. ;D
I don't care what these critics say: This car is BAD to the BONE!!! 8)

·
Registered
700 Posts
ya i didnt like it at 1st when subaru released the press shots but when i saw it in person was pretty happy. i know with this model yr they are trying to appeal to a broader group of people but with the wrx i would have like to seen a slightly sportier interior like the MS3. thats the only thing that bugs me about the car. other then that im all over the 3g.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya i didnt like it at 1st when subaru released the press shots but when i saw it in person was pretty happy. i know with this model yr they are trying to appeal to a broader group of people but with the wrx i would have like to seen a slightly sportier interior like the MS3. thats the only thing that bugs me about the car. other then that im all over the 3g.

I see the "sporty" Mazda 3 interior, as just tacky... Again, just My opinion, so it counts for nothing really...

·
Registered
717 Posts
yes it definately grew on me eventually and now i love it. however, i do like the speed3's interior more. but i'd still take over AWD over that. ha

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The first time I saw it that was it... I had to have one, if anyone says otherwise I tell them to get some help and start here:

http://www.boomer.com/library/boomer-bulletin/2006/dec/Why-I-Hate-Change.html
I was the same. When I saw the first few pics of it I was really bummed out, but then I saw one on display in beaver creek, co this winter and I was instantly hooked on the looks of the premium sedans. Now I still ended up with a base model, but the side skirts will be coming soon. The interior is pretty nice too imo (for a japanese car, and especially for an impreza). There's a TON of room behind the dash for whatever projects you have, and it's simple, solid and extremely functional. I sometimes wish I got a hatch, but I really like the way the rear deck flows into the car the way it does.

·
Registered
700 Posts

I see the "sporty" Mazda 3 interior, as just tacky... Again, just My opinion, so it counts for nothing really...
acutally the only real thing i like bout the MS3 is the red stiching. like if we had blue stiching or something. and i absolutly hate that lil blue led light in the center console

1 - 9 of 9 Posts