Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Make sure you get some endlinks for the rear too. Looks good. Happy with the car! Let me know how you like your pulley.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha best mod so far is clearly the tailights :)
What endlinks did you order?
I ordered the AVO front endlinks so far the rears dont need to be replaced but I might just purchase them anyway
I agree the taillights make the rear end much more pleasent looking. I am still working on getting that stupid chrome strip painted. You know the car isnt so bad, the look is so much different from the original WRX but the car works so well around town and on the freeway. I just discovered that the front fenders have styrofoam sandwich between the inner fender and the outer fender which might explain how quiet the car is.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Oh... I was wondering why the car is so much quieter. I was wondering what they did different. I would recommend getting some rear endlinks as well, as the stock ones might not be able to handle the stress of the upgraded sways. Check out mine, I went with the Agency Power Rear Endlinks. I have the link in my signature page.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you get some endlinks for the rear too. Looks good. Happy with the car! Let me know how you like your pulley.
I just found this on Vivid racing:
The pulley fits on with no issues to the 2008 except the change in the AC belt tensioner. The new 2008 does not have a tensioner, so once you remove the stock belt or cut it, you are unable to get a new one on. Putting a new belt on requires a special tool from Subaru.

However, all mounts are in place to run the factory tensioner that was on the 02-07 cars. With about $60 in extra parts including a new belt, you are good to go again. Down the road we anticipate the special tool from Subaru or we may supply an aftermarket part instead of using the OEM tensioner.

To mount the tensioner on the car, the following Subaru part numbers are required -
73131FC000 - Tensioner Pulley Part
73134AC001 - Tensioner Pulley Part
73132AC000 - Long Bolt
73610AC000 - Bracket

I am glad I havent replaced it yet think I can get the dealer to install it for me ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
which brand/models of install kit did you use for your H.U ?
Are you powering the OEM speaker with the amp or you got new speakers ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased a Metra Electronics install kit but the 08 is so much different than the 07. If you notice the kit wasnt wide enough. I will replace the kit when the 08 kit comes out. I am using Alpine SPR-17C type R speakers alway around i still have the stock tweeters in there. I was actually impressed with the look of the factory speakers Ill take a pick when I get home from work of them. I was suprised to see the stock stereo was a Clarion, so I wonder what made the stock system sound so bad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was suprised to see the stock stereo was a Clarion, so I wonder what made the stock system sound so bad.
The acoustics and speaker placements aren't optimal for anything other than bass reinforcement. IMO Subaru's structure layout is designed solely towards safety, and the sound system guys do what they can.

Honda is a great example of what can be done on even the low-end models when the acoustic field is integrated into the overall design.

Subaru has taken a vast leap this year in stock component quality. They're on the right track anyway I think.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was suprised to see the stock stereo was a Clarion, so I wonder what made the stock system sound so bad.
The acoustics and speaker placements aren't optimal for anything other than bass reinforcement. IMO Subaru's structure layout is designed solely towards safety, and the sound system guys do what they can.

Honda is a great example of what can be done on even the low-end models when the acoustic field is integrated into the overall design.

Subaru has taken a vast leap this year in stock component quality. They're on the right track anyway I think.
I agree and I think having a hatch back makes it even more difficult especially with rear placement of the speakers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree and I think having a hatch back makes it even more difficult especially with rear placement of the speakers.
You are absolutely correct, Sir.

If you have a chance, listen to the Bose system in the Mazda Speed 3. Achieving quality sound in a hatchback requires some serious engineering, but it is doable. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are absolutely correct, Sir.

If you have a chance, listen to the Bose system in the Mazda Speed 3. Achieving quality sound in a hatchback requires some serious engineering, but it is doable. :)
I had a mazda6 sportwagon with the Bose and it was nice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I purchased a Metra Electronics install kit but the 08 is so much different than the 07. If you notice the kit wasnt wide enough. I will replace the kit when the 08 kit comes out. I am using Alpine SPR-17C type R speakers alway around i still have the stock tweeters in there. I was actually impressed with the look of the factory speakers Ill take a pick when I get home from work of them. I was suprised to see the stock stereo was a Clarion, so I wonder what made the stock system sound so bad.
im guessing the problem is mainly the amplification, those speaker seem to have potentiel but it feel so loud unprecised and not sharp

i got my 4ch and wiring ready to install, just waiting for my 3Sixty to integrate everything to the OEM unit, im gonna see what they have to offer with 75rms of focal power and proper equalization on them...

since i can just replace my speaker in next june (dealer demo car price, basicaly 75% off) so im gonna live with them on the amp and tell you what they really got... if they last, but they should with proper adjustement

1 - 19 of 19 Posts