Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Mods so far: Cobb springs, Cobb shifter and bushings, Cobb dp and stage 2 AP. I bought the base model so I had to add the sport grille and lip.I was thinking about getting the side skirts but i like the way the mudflaps look with the lines on the car. Some guy opened his door into my passenger door so I had to paint the whole right side. While I was doing that I went ahead and painted the chrome on the rear deck lid. I paint cars for a living so i only had to pay for materials. Let me tell you painting a tri-coat paint job is no walk in the park.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Looks Clean!! Luv the way the Cobbs make it sit!! Very Nice!! +1 for the SWP !!

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's one of the first sedan's I can say I honestly like the look of - guess it is just a matter of getting a few things changed up to make a car look good instead of goofy. I actually like the chrome strip on the back of the hatch's but really don't like the one on the sedan's - so good call to paint it up! Performance mod's I can't see but I'm sure they all count for.. high fun quotient!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean. Its funny how little tweaks can make or break the look of the car. When I bought the car i was a little unsure about the overall look. But now, i am very please with it and I always find myself staring at it when I get out of the car. Is it just me or does anyone else do that?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I always find myself staring at it when I get out of the car. Is it just me or does anyone else do that?
I usually have to do a triple take ;D.!! Every 4 steps calls for a look back " Yeah my cars dope" hehe... ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know what you mean. Its funny how little tweaks can make or break the look of the car. When I bought the car i was a little unsure about the overall look. But now, i am very please with it and I always find myself staring at it when I get out of the car. Is it just me or does anyone else do that?
I do the same thing. While at work i sit there and just stare at my car. I love how it looks especially with the sports grill.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Can you post a picture of the back without the chrome bar, I wanna see how it is on the sedan, cuz i plan on doing the same thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some pics from the back

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks! Mods so far: Cobb springs, Cobb shifter and bushings, Cobb dp and stage 2 AP. I bought the base model so I had to add the sport grille and lip.I was thinking about getting the side skirts but i like the way the mudflaps look with the lines on the car. Some guy opened his door into my passenger door so I had to paint the whole right side. While I was doing that I went ahead and painted the chrome on the rear deck lid. I paint cars for a living so i only had to pay for materials. Let me tell you painting a tri-coat paint job is no walk in the park.
Wow it must be quick. I have a similar exterior set up(plus rear spoiler). I also like the way the mud flaps look with front spoiler. It looks muscular and stream lined. It doesn't look as bulky as some premiums may look. The front under spoiler for the non premium is more aerodynamic IMO.

Nice car eagles36!

·
Registered
52 Posts
So it was a pain in the ass to paint the strip on the back?? That looks awesome!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I always find myself staring at it when I get out of the car. Is it just me or does anyone else do that?
I usually have to do a triple take ;D.!! Every 4 steps calls for a look back " Yeah my cars dope" hehe... ;)
LOL... my girlfriend whacks me in the arm when I do the "look back". Jealous much? muahahaha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Funny I have that condition too!!! ;D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The process of painting the car and strip wasn't hard, it was achieving a good color match that was the hard part. Most colors consist of two stages. There is a base coat and clear coat. A pearl paint job consist of three stages, a base coat, a mid coat, and a clear coat. The base coat is the solid white that you lay down first. The mid coat consist of a white pearl and a little green pearl mixed with some binder and balancer. The pearl is actually a tinted glass that is ground down into a fine powder. Since the mid coat has no tints or "color" it is transparent and when sprayed over the base coat you see the white but with a pearl look to it. The color will vary based on the amount of pearl coats applied. Also it is almost impossible to match a three stage color without blending. The damage was on the front door so i had to blend into the fender and rear door. You take the color into the adjacent panel going a little further with each coat so that there isn't a noticeable difference in color. It took alot of pearl to get the color right but when i was done you couldn't even tell it had been painted.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The process of painting the car and strip wasn't hard, it was achieving a good color match that was the hard part. Most colors consist of two stages. There is a base coat and clear coat. A pearl paint job consist of three stages, a base coat, a mid coat, and a clear coat. The base coat is the solid white that you lay down first. The mid coat consist of a white pearl and a little green pearl mixed with some binder and balancer. The pearl is actually a tinted glass that is ground down into a fine powder. Since the mid coat has no tints or "color" it is transparent and when sprayed over the base coat you see the white but with a pearl look to it. The color will vary based on the amount of pearl coats applied. Also it is almost impossible to match a three stage color without blending. The damage was on the front door so i had to blend into the fender and rear door. You take the color into the adjacent panel going a little further with each coat so that there isn't a noticeable difference in color. It took alot of pearl to get the color right but when i was done you couldn't even tell it had been painted.

Wow I never knew that - interesting! How do you know so much about painting!

Anyway sweet back end and as others have pointed out I have "that condition" too :D Nuts ain't it??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added a boost guage and painted calibers red.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey i know im kinda bringing this thread back from the dead, but subarugenuineparts offers non premium rear spats for the the sedan. I've been wonderin for a while if they fit along with the splash guards that you got.... been searching like crazy for some pics of the full combination and so far your sweet lookin ride is the closest one yet! :)

edit: actually after some thought i feel as though im asking a stupid question (not trying to imply you should go and buy stuff!). An even more dumb question is if the rear splash guards dont don't fit with a rear spats, if you just left the front two splash guards (keeping the original side skirts) and just added the rear spats, would that look stupid??? curious for opinions.... bleh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts