Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone should come out and try their hand at autocross in Florence SC.

INFO HERE

http://www.scsportscar.com/modules/autox/autox_flyer.php?EventID=202&EventDate=20080907&PHPSESSID=9ff762af9384b0ac8a3d9479df784d7a

I'll be taking my 08 2.5i out on it's maiden autocross voyage.

I'll be sporting pinks, front and rear sways, upgraded endlinks, front strut tower brace, more aggressive alignment and 215/45R16 falken azenis RT-615 tires, I'll be running in STS....i can't wait!

Come on out and show some 3G Love :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was thinking about going to that one myself. I went to the last one but I slept in so all I got to do was watch. Hopefully I will drive this one. It will be stock suspension wise but I just like to go and have fun driving, don't much care about times.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know what you mean. If I had suspension and other tuner stuff done to my car I would love to try and spank some of the regulars out there. I was watching the last time there are some fast rides out there. I saw one 08 STi there but I was too late to see him run. So when we roll up I will be curious to see if there are any more 08s.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My experience is that with a 2.5i or 2.5RS it's not hard to beat WRXs and STIs unless they are a very experienced driver or the car is heavily modded. Autocross favors the power curve of an NA engine.

Send me your contact info when you get a chance and we'll meet up on the 7th in florence.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah had a 98 RS and loved that car. My ex wife took it with her though. It was way fun in the auto x and rally x. The WRX will definitely be slower on the small auto x track than the i. I can't wait to see what you run with the mods you have.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hell yeah that will be sweet. I am not sure what they will run me in. I have a downpipe but I am not sure they will be able to tell the difference. Unless my SPT exhaust comes in. So hopefully I can run street stock.

·
Registered
519 Posts
It should be fun. I can't wait to go beat on it some LOL.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah had a 98 RS and loved that car. My ex wife took it with her though. It was way fun in the auto x and rally x. The WRX will definitely be slower on the small auto x track than the i. I can't wait to see what you run with the mods you have.
the wrx is definitely faster than the 2.5i on an autox course, with equal drivers.. trust me ;)

though autox is a driver's game. good driver's in slow cars will almost always beat a poor driver in a fast car. anyway, i highly recommend autoxing as it will teach you how to drive and react so much better than you could ever learn on the street. enjoy! :D (see 4th place: http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/autocross/eventresults/folder.2008-05-12.6997516347/copy_of_copy2_of_document.2008-05-12.9145046433 :) )

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the wrx is definitely faster than the 2.5i on an autox course, with equal drivers.. trust me ;)

though autox is a driver's game. good driver's in slow cars will almost always beat a poor driver in a fast car. anyway, i highly recommend autoxing as it will teach you how to drive and react so much better than you could ever learn on the street. enjoy! :D (see 4th place: http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/autocross/eventresults/folder.2008-05-12.6997516347/copy_of_copy2_of_document.2008-05-12.9145046433 :) )
True, it is mostly about the driver, however, alot of WRX drivers still can't keep up with me, whatever the reason :p

·
Registered
519 Posts

True, it is mostly about the driver, however, alot of WRX drivers still can't keep up with me, whatever the reason :p
Because you ROCK!!! LOL I am looking forward to having some fun. And I won't cry when your N/A car beats my boosted ass LOL

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Because you ROCK!!! LOL I am looking forward to having some fun. And I won't cry when your N/A car beats my boosted ass LOL
hehe, I'm making no guarantees about my speed in my 2.5i, i have not autocrossed it at all yet....I haven't even found its handling limits....yet ;D

Although I know I was pretty quick in my other two 2.5RSs ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know my old RS was killer in the auto-x.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts