Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was on my way to phily i was passing NY when about 20 miels b4 the GW bridg some ricer crap looking car that sounded like absolute wallmart fart can drove up to me it had hid's no body prooty much not lowerd no spoiler rust on it it was silver and i didint see an exshost on it eather well he hit 3rd and so did i and he was gona i tried to run him the 2nd time we got to 120 and he was fucking gone omg i got scared for a min ther lol well the car kinda looked like a CRX but it wasint it was more of a lover fast back type of deal and it was longer then a crx wow guy must of had 1 well of an engen swop lol

·
Registered
700 Posts
i got scraped on rolls with civic's rocking b16's and gsr's. still wondering to this day why i walked away from honda. power to weight is what its all about

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't miss honda or FWD one bit, lol.
Oh and rolls are for bakers ;D

·
Registered
700 Posts
i miss FWD. i liked doing burnouts and only reason we usually do rolls cuz its hard making traffic stop on an interstate

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
i got scraped on rolls with civic's rocking b16's and gsr's. still wondering to this day why i walked away from honda. power to weight is what its all about
really? Those Civics would have some other mods besides motor swaps I assume. If power to weight is a large concern, AWD/4WD should be put out of consideration on a car. I came from owning 2 Honda cars, and wouldnt mind owning another in the future. VTEC power is nice and all, but turbo rush is better. ;D (just my opinion)

·
Registered
700 Posts
really? Those Civics would have some other mods besides motor swaps I assume. If power to weight is a large concern, AWD/4WD should be put out of consideration on a car. I came from owning 2 Honda cars, and wouldnt mind owning another in the future. VTEC power is nice and all, but turbo rush is better. ;D (just my opinion)

well the one civic had a type r tranny in it which has very short gears the other i dunno. turbo rush is awesome but turbo and vtec is better i think. maybe after i put my goodies on my car i love this car way more then i ever liked my hondas

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
so i was on my way to phily i was passing NY when about 20 miels b4 the GW bridg some ricer crap looking car that sounded like absolute wallmart fart can drove up to me it had hid's no body prooty much not lowerd no spoiler rust on it it was silver and i didint see an exshost on it eather well he hit 3rd and so did i and he was gona i tried to run him the 2nd time we got to 120 and he was fucking gone omg i got scared for a min ther lol well the car kinda looked like a CRX but it wasint it was more of a lover fast back type of deal and it was longer then a crx wow guy must of had 1 well of an engen swop lol
What? that was one hell of a mis-writen, wrong grammared, run on sentance......with no period at the end.

·
Registered
345 Posts
^^^^ haha i agree i got a slight headache reading it!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I've been rereading some of these posts over and over and I'm still scratching my head. I used to have a FWD celica, but I like my WRX soooo much better. Sure FWD is great for freeway racing, but AWD in the twisties is uncomparably more fun.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Since I love to drive AE86s no matter what config. I'll provide a bit of input. (This is assuming proper setup and balance on a race course)
Hachi with only 150rwhp can keep up with STi.
With 250 rwhp can keep up with Z06
With 350 rwhp can keep up with Viper
Ive driven a crazy one with 425 rwhp with FD engine. Lets jsut say this one was one hell of a ride. I was doing shakedown/setup runs with this one only but wow!
Just to give you an idea of how pwr/weight and gear ratios can do wonders.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
lol people under estimate hondas for 1.. If you put a k-20 in a hatch that thing will rape most cars out there.. not to mention all the guys boosting the s**t out of b-16 motors.. but I love running hondas..Break boosting FTW...

·
Registered
700 Posts
turbo'd k-20s can dominate just about anything on the road usually. my friend is thinking about putting one in his 02 civic.
k swapped civ'c are nice but very expensive not to mention very hot a stolen honda is a me too things now adays. i know x2!!!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
turbo'd k-20s can dominate just about anything on the road usually. my friend is thinking about putting one in his 02 civic.
We have done k24 also.
This one was wonderful for canyon carving in the EG.
Maybe your friend can look into this as well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
k swapped civ'c are nice but very expensive not to mention very hot a stolen honda is a me too things now adays. i know x2!!!
A swapped civic is way cheaper than our car. But amen on the being too hot. my old roommate had his stolen 3 times. civic w/o an alarm = fail.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
A swapped civic is way cheaper than our car. But amen on the being too hot. my old roommate had his stolen 3 times. civic w/o an alarm = fail.
They even had an "informational documentary" to show how easy it was to break into a vehicle and steal the car or radio. I remember seeing the video a bunch of times and people replicating it. Guess what vehicles they used?
Hondas in general. I've seen Integras, Civics, and Accords mainly but why would you broadcast a video on TV to show how easy it is to steal a car? ???

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Civic w/ alarm is still fail sometimes. The older Civics, had their hood latch cable in the fender right above the fender liner which was stupid easy to get to. How do I know? I almost had my Del Sol stolen right out of my own driveway! Stealing old Hondas cleanly was too easy back in the day, and even easier now.

To add to the original thread, today I floored the pedal in 3rd gear, reached about 85. I'm sure my car is faster than most cars around me at the time, but I was kind of disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

With a B16 turbo, you can have both ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
ok, so i thought this was a subie forum?????????????????????????hondahhhhs r good for gas milage only oh and gettin my wife to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts