Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1899 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Re: Spearco WRX TMIC Interest..

What kind of end tanks are they going to use. Will it be casted or welded?

·
Registered
388 Posts

I'm sure they could, but that would add to price significantly I'd imagine.
It shouldn't add price. Should equal out. Because since you dont have the need for custom flanges or specific endtanks you would use silicone hose. An that's not that expensive. And if it does add price it could be cheaper in the long run for people who upgrade their turbos. Especially the TD04 guys who could totally pass on a vf52 and go 16g-18g.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

My "useless" .02; if it fit other turbos you MAY sell more to those who want to keep the top mount BUT you are prone to more leaks, maintenance and possibly harder install etc..

·
Registered
217 Posts

jared, thanks for putting this together and filling us in on the progress this thing is making.

being that you're open to suggestions, i just thought i'd add a few, or emphasize a couple, or spark other peoples thoughts too.

1) i'm a big fan of the process west's huge straight flow-through design and the extra work they put into designing and making a new air duct to fit in place of the tiny stocker. i feel like yes you can slap on a bigger tougher more efficient intercooler, but without the revised air duct to funnel in more cool air across the entire use-able area, youre only doing half the job (ahem perrin ahem).

2) fitment is key. nobody is going to want to buy an intercooler that buries itself into the clutch slave cylinder (sorry again perrin) or pinches some of the lines routed down behind the intake manifold (sorry stocker). also a nice bpv location that doesn't stretch the recirc hose is important.

3) lets not forget the aftermarket! i imagine the majority of buyers are running aftermarket strut bars, bpvs, air oil separators etc. it'd be nice to leave clearance all around for those kinds of things. having it mate up to multiple turbo designs would be nice, but that wouldn't prevent me from buying it if it only fit vf52 type flanges.

sorry if some of this is redundant or given, but i think we have an opportunity here to help make a sick product that could smoke the rest of the market. thoughts?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

More useless .02....how about studs for the bov connection, thus people not stripping the manifold.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

1 - zulukingcrowned 3GWRX (Jared G)
2 - local (Dan C)
3 - Colin322 3GWRX (Colin L)
4 - syndromeofthedown 3GWRX (Spencer W.)
5 - 2010 WRX Limited 3GWRX ( )
6 - cbs160 3GWRX (Chris S)
7 - elijahbaley 3GWRX ( )
8 - STi-LLlegal NASIOC ( )
9 - bluemax189 NASIOC ( )
10 - ciscosweet 3GWRX ( )
11 - mjyeams 3GWRX (Matt Y)
12 - RedMed427 3GWRX ( )
13 - Elkendier 3GWRX ( )
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -

It will be cheaper than the Process West and it will be for STOCK TURBO only, not going to get into the debacle of fitting aftermarket or STI turbos. There are other options for that.

On my way out the door, but I'll compile your questions and answer them or pass them on if I can't.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

BUMP. WE NEED A DONOR CAR, even if you're not interested in the TMIC, you could help a lot of people out! SIMI VALLEY, CA area

Out the door.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

2 - local (Dan C)
12 - RedMed427 3GWRX ( )
13 - Elkendier 3GWRX ( )
14 - necno3 NASIOC ( )
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -

·
Registered
217 Posts

have we found a donor car? any news?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Yes, ciscosweet has stepped up for the hour drive to their facility. I need to get in contact tomorrow, was side-tracked today. We'll get the two of them together and move forward from there, Reggie should have some more information for me quickly at that point.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

2 - local (Dan C)
12 - RedMed427 3GWRX ( )
13 - Elkendier 3GWRX ( )
14 - necno3 NASIOC ( )
15 - aleeann 3GWRX ( )
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -

·
Registered
247 Posts

We should get the mods to sticky this. Also, is there a similar thread on any other forums cough.. nasioc.. cough

Oh yeah and intercooler discussion is mentioned in the descriptions for both "Turbos and Nitrous" and "Inhalation and Exhalation" let's make up our minds people! And shouldn't it be "Turbos and Meth"? just sayin..

41 - 60 of 1899 Posts