1 - 20 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Re: SPT catback for 08 WRX!

I bought it. I'll let you know how it works out!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

I bought it. I'll let you know how it works out!
since when its out and at that price ?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

I just ordered it at that price. Price confirmed by email. The sales manager said that price is "FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME!!!!".

It has to be ordered from Subaru, so 4-5 days from the factory, and then shipped UPS from there figure another 4-5 days.

I'll post up a vid so folks can hear it, but if you're remotely interested you might think about jumping on that price.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

I was raising money for the borla.. but i guess at that price i better buy it cause im sure to be able to resell it at that price when the price will go up

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

I was raising money for the borla.. but i guess at that price i better buy it cause im sure to be able to resell it at that price when the price will go up
My thoughts exactly. There's always somebody who wants factory parts out there. At this price, I almost bought 2.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

do you know which brand of muffler do they use for that models ?

·
Registered
145 Posts

In previous generations, how loud was the SPT Exhaust? Any interior resonance? Will I be annoyed on long drives?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I would jumping all over this deal, but my main concern is how loud the exhaust is going to be, I don't want to attract attention from the cops. If this is for a limited time only then it's a very tempting deal... what to do, what to do.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Hard to answer because nobody really knows what's annoying to one person and not the other. You can be sure it's legal because SPT isn't going to put out factory bolt ons that break any laws. If this year is anything like years past, you can get a good idea of what it will sound like on youtube. There's a dozen or so videos of SPT catbacks on there.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

hey guys,i just emailed them about the sedan exhaust.sounds too good to be true.why only 305 dollars?if someone does get it can you post a clip.borla costs 1100 dollars for the same thing!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

Hard to answer because nobody really knows what's annoying to one person and not the other. You can be sure it's legal because SPT isn't going to put out factory bolt ons that break any laws. If this year is anything like years past, you can get a good idea of what it will sound like on youtube. There's a dozen or so videos of SPT catbacks on there.
The only problem is w/ the youtube vids is that they dont all sound the same. Some ppl use different recorders, and at different distances. According to this: http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/version4_2/impreza_parts.asp
it's supposed to be made for under 93 dB. And according to many on nasioc, SPT is one of the quieter exhausts. But that doesn't mean quiet.

Edit: Here is a pic of SCC's WRX w/ SPT exhaust

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

From what i know last year model was made by bossal and like the other link said is the new one is made by AEM... never knew AEM was doing exhaust

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

i just ordered the spt sedan exhaust.couldnt pass it up.does anyone think the price is a typo??why would both the 4 door and 5 door be the same price??the sedan has one more muffler.anyway first person to receive it put up some pictures please.

·
Registered
145 Posts

The only problem is w/ the youtube vids is that they dont all sound the same. Some ppl use different recorders, and at different distances. According to this: http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/version4_2/impreza_parts.asp
it's supposed to be made for under 93 dB. And according to many on nasioc, SPT is one of the quieter exhausts. But that doesn't mean quiet.

Edit: Here is a pic of SCC's WRX w/ SPT exhaust
Checked youtube and here's a clip of the SPT exhaust made by AEM on a 06 subaru legacy 2.5GT limited

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

From what i know last year model was made by bossal and like the other link said is the new one is made by AEM... never knew AEM was doing exhaust
I didnt either, however AEM and DC Sports are 1, and DC Sports makes suspension and exhausts.

1 - 20 of 392 Posts