Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice an improvement in MPG since installing there SPT CBE or is it just me?
My ave. MPG went from high 18s to 21-22. I do mostly spirited city driving so neither numbers is that great but there is a definite improvement.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
how many miles do you have on the car? My mileage has been going up, but I was thinking it's either the warmer climate/different gas or the car is more broken in. But I also have a CAI.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine has improved as well, but I just broke 1,000 miles so it could be breaking in. But it is better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also saw a slight bump in MPG numbers, confirmed by pump receipts. close to 2mpg bump, and I'm nearing the end of an oil service interval too.
Hitting 26 daily average, closer to 30 highway, around 23 city.

My daily commute is close to 60 miles, with 70% of that highway, the other 30% sitting in traffic. It was an unexpected surprise thats for sure.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm seeing 33mpg highway on 93 octane and 22 around town. Harman Motive catted DP, custom 3" stainless exhaust with round magnaflow as the resonator and 5x8x14 magnaflow for the single out the left.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how many miles do you have on the car? My mileage has been going up, but I was thinking it's either the warmer climate/different gas or the car is more broken in. But I also have a CAI.
I have just over 7000 miles so you would think that it is broken in.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I saw a bump from about 24-25 ave to about 28-29. 10k miles on the car, have run about 4 tanks of gas through the SPT CBE.

Daily commute about 30 miles plus a couple of weekend road trips. Loving the exhaust so far :)

SteveJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Xen 256 & Zombie,
How do you like the sound of the exhaust? I've been seriously thinking of getting the SPT CBE and haven't made up my mind yet.

I have about 12k on my stock exhaust and get 24-26 mpg through 10 mile comute through county roads. Highway miles are around and above 30mpg depending on driving style. I too noticed better mileage after breakin and after about 7 - 8k miles, also spring and summer temps started as well, so it may have been the temp. I feel this plays a pretty big role in mpg depending on your climate and how cold it gets.

Let me know about the sound! Not too loud, subtle but nice? Let me know. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have had mine in for a week now, but am unable to give a mileage update because I haven't driven it that much.( we won't go into the "clunking" I am havingbecause of the new front sways) As far as the sound goes it is really pretty quite. I had a Prodive Oval tip in a 2002 WRX wagon and loved it. This one has many of the same qualities as the Prodrive. Not quite as much volume or Suby rumble, but a good sound. Once the local "open source" tuner feels comfortable tuning the '08s, I plan on adding a CAI and getting a Stage1+ tune.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Xen 256 & Zombie,
How do you like the sound of the exhaust? I've been seriously thinking of getting the SPT CBE and haven't made up my mind yet.

I have about 12k on my stock exhaust and get 24-26 mpg through 10 mile comute through county roads. Highway miles are around and above 30mpg depending on driving style. I too noticed better mileage after breakin and after about 7 - 8k miles, also spring and summer temps started as well, so it may have been the temp. I feel this plays a pretty big role in mpg depending on your climate and how cold it gets.

Let me know about the sound! Not too loud, subtle but nice? Let me know. Appreciate it.
If youre planning to get 1, there is a chance that Subaru has stopped w/ the intro price. If that is the case, I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Xen 256 & Zombie,

For the hatchback exhaust, I feel Subaru nailed it with the SPT CBE. It sounds exactly like I was hoping it would. Nice subtle rumble on ignition, not too loud but feels like an octave lower note.

Living in apartment complex it's nice not to be "that guy" when idling around the parking lot; just loud enough to give you a little smile every time it fires up :)

SJ

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The sound is great, not too loud and a nice throaty note. If you role down the window you can hear it but its hard to hear with the windows up at hw speeds. For me this maybe because I leave my roof rack and bike rack on most of the time.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I haven't been able to judge mileage yet as I installed thursday and went to an Auto-X on Sunday. I love the sound. I have a dp and I can hear it with the windows up and it rumbles nicely on the highway as well. Not obnoxious, just the perfect boxer rumble at all speeds.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the Ultimate Racing DP. Had a group buy on here about 6 months ago. It makes the SPT sound very sweet!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts