Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the SPT sedan exhaust. I am psyched! I should have it in a week. I was going to go for the Borla but was holding out a little longer to see if the SPT's would become available. I couldn't resist the price. Hoepfully I will not have any problem installing it to a 2.5i n/a.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where did you order it from?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered it from Dan Perkins Subaru in CT. I ordered it yesterday and 7/7 and I am already getting it today 7/8. When I called they had 3 in house. They even knew that they were one of the few dealers that had any.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I ordered it from Dan Perkins Subaru in CT. I ordered it yesterday and 7/7 and I am already getting it today 7/8. When I called they had 3 in house. They even knew that they were one of the few dealers that had any.
Number and person I need to contact there....B/C my dealer and SOA are a PITA and if I could have it tomrrow I would shift my order right now. How much did you pay? Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan Perkins Subaru. they are located in CT. I asked for the paarts dept. 203-882-5686. Let me know how you make out. I recieved mine in a day. I hope to install it this weekend.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I paid $333.00. The shipping was another $55.00. Still far cheaper than anyhting else I looked at.

·
Registered
29 Posts
geez, my dealer wanted $1098 for the spt a couple weeks ago when I called. Glad to see some people are still getting good deals.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They still have at least one in stock that I plan on grabbing. I talked to my dealer and they said "should be in in the next few weeks"....and the guy at Perkins was super nice, so time to cancel one order and make another! A bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush(I think that's how the phrase goes?). Cost of exhaust - $333.00 Shipping - $89.00 Knowing that I'll have it before the end of next week and not having to get jerked around by SOA anymore - Priceless. ;D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to hear you got one. I have mine installed. I only have a 08 n/a and it sounds awesome. I only drove it quick and it doesn't seem like there is any low torque missing. I was worried about that being 3" piping. It seems to have smoth out the power curve.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will try and do one this week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You won't be disappointed....I put mine on this weekend, sounds sick

·
Registered
47 Posts
:drool, i gotta get me one of those. Thanks for the vids. Does any one have a clip of it on a 2.5 n/a. I just want to make sure its not to ricey.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Hmmm, the clip with the stock downpipe is making me reconsider SPT. I wonder how it would sound with a catted downpipe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I will say this much, all the sound clips I've heard of the SPT CBE doesn't do it justice. When I was putting mine on, I was wondering if there was going to be much of a difference. However, when I started the car up afterwards, I was VERY pleased. It's just a little softer sounding than the TBE I had on my previous 02. If anyone's on the fence about the SPT CBE, I say just get it!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
hey rexx was the camel good eatins lol jk the exhaust sounds awsome .

Mmmm..... camel. tastes like horse or real sh*tty beef.

i love the spt w/ the catless dp! @ around 140-150 km/h it is a little droneing though. noise is the by product of building horsepower. i had to explain to my wife several times that i didn't buy the exhaust for it to be loud but for the performance gains. as much as i want to be stealth, i want grunt more.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts