Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPT has released the new CBE's for 08 WRX 5dr & 4dr.

A little soa/spt bird has informed me ;)

Full stainless construction, mandrel bends, 50 state legal.
Sounds nice and deep with the "classic" scooby sound we love and know :D

SPT is claiming a ~10hp gain, but Sport Compact Car showed a gain of 19 hp and 31 lb-ft at the wheels on their sedan.

Full warranty on parts (3yr/36k mi), won't void vehicle warranty, dealer installable, fully tested by both SPT and FHI.

Here's the best part.... they're being introduced with an introductory retail price of $333 for either system! They will soon go back up to $880 for the 4dr and $800 for the 5door.

You can also get the entire "tuned by SPT" package for $499 at your dealer (this price also includes installation!). This includes the exhaust, sport mesh grille, and tuned by SPT badging.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Re: SPT has released the new CBE's for 08 WRX 5dr & 4dr.

Ordered mine ;D

·
Registered
77 Posts

nice find on the STI springs. I had not seen the spring info yet. I wonder how they compare in ride/drop/price to the Cobb Sport Springs out for the 5 door models. hmmm.

my exhaust will be in on Monday and installed sometime that afternoon.

Weasel, are you coming to the dragon run this year??

·
Registered
164 Posts

weasel, do you have any more info about that package deal? We want to get the sport grille anyway, so reguardless of what else comes with it its worth it. Do you know if they actually do any tuning? Is the badge a sticker or actual lettering? Is there anywhere to look up that price so my dealership doesn't try to mess with me and not give me that price of $499? thx.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

That is very intresting... Where might someone do more research on these parts?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

look up the SPT exhaust on youtube for clips. it's a nice-sounding STAINLESS STEEL 2.75" mandrel-bent (nice!) midpipe to 3" mandrel-bent catback exhaust with a pretty tip. it is covered under the car's 3 year warranty and is within legal sound levels... for $300. totally worth the price tag. normally exhausts like this go for $800+

here are the clips: http://youtube.com/results?search_query=08+wrx+spt&search_type=

·
Registered
164 Posts

bump for my question that no one bothered to even acknoledge

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

the dealer will have to honor the price -- SOA pays them to make up the difference

no idea if its a sticker or a badge

in fact NOTHING is set in stone right now

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

bump for my question that no one bothered to even acknoledge
Call your local dealer's parts dept... see what they have to say!

·
Registered
24 Posts

I was at my local dealer today to have my TPMS system calibrated after I put my after market wheels on. The parts dept had no clue about the exhaust. Thank god for this internet gizmo....I was able to pull the part# and give it to him. All said and done, $305 out the door with tax (5dr hatch back)!!! I can't wait. My Cobb down pipe just came in. I am going to wait until I have the full turbo back exhaust in hand until I install either. Stage 2 is coming very, very soon!

·
Registered
328 Posts

Im definitely going to buy this! Any one one know if the dual tips on the sedan version sound diffrent???

·
Registered
498 Posts

Just ordered one! The icing on the cake was they gave me the "Club" discount. The total now before taxes is $291!

·
Registered
39 Posts

Everybody put your seat belts on, Greed has taken the driver seat. www.suabrugenuineparts.com just sent me an e-mail saying they will have to charge me extra now for shipping my exhaust. How much extra? $100 more, on top of the previous $32.75. Retail from the dealer is cheaper, and includes shipping. $132.75 is alot for shipping anything.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

haha wow...

glad I canceled and made my own exhaust. I knew something like this would happen.

maybe their estimates on how heavy it would be were off...

·
Registered
519 Posts

Everybody put your seat belts on, Greed has taken the driver seat. www.suabrugenuineparts.com just sent me an e-mail saying they will have to charge me extra now for shipping my exhaust. How much extra? 0 more, on top of the previous .75. Retail from the dealer is cheaper, and includes shipping. 2.75 is alot for shipping anything.
It is not $100 more it is only $45 more, on both the sedan and hatch. Still not a bad deal really. The local dealer here ordered it for me for $330 plus tax. It will save a few bucks over the online stuff.

Seth

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

How about a sound clip?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

that would be great - thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts

Just installed a Cobb downpipe and the SPT cat back last night. It sounds great! Not too loud at all, but substantially louder and deeper than stock. The fit and finish are top notch. For $305 out the door with tax it can't be beat! Highly reccomended system......now can't wait for Perrin to release their stage 2 map. Cobb's is lackluster.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts