Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone knows if spt is making a intake for our cars?will it need to be tuned if installed?just curious.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i would say yes to both but most def on a tune cuz it seems like every little mod upsets the ECU

·
Registered
6 Posts
The prototype is still being tested, but getting the MAF to read 100% correct to the ECU 100% of the time is proving difficult. Hopefully it will be done sometime in the summer! It will not require a reflash and it will be warranty-friendly.

·
Registered
121 Posts
;D cool hopefully it'll be as nice as the on for the previous gen scoobies !

altho i have had the honor of seeing the prototype on a test STI hehehehe ;)

*tries to look innocent
I didn't think that SPT intakes were cold air. I thought they were more of a ram style?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
oh man if they move from short ram to CAI im totaly getting one!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I want to revive this thread since I'm still holding out for an SPT intake for my 2010 rex. I read online from Drive Performance about the SPT intake on a WRX sedan (red) so there's still hope of this product seeing availability. Also emailed Subaru & Drive and hope I get a reply…

Sent from my iPwn using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
This is a bit off topic but still relavent in terms of intakes, I was on the phone with Cobb re ffs and lc issues and was quizzing him if aem maps were almost done or any other new items coming out, he did disclose that there will be an intake coming out in the first quarter of this year for the wrx and sti, not sure if it will be sri or cai though

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got an email response from Subaru today :( , and it wasn't what I was hoping for...

January 26, 2011 8:41:18 AM PST
Dear Luis,

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us. We hope you are enjoying your 2010 WRX.

The article in DRIVE Performance you are referring to was published a few years ago (http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/version3_2/upgrades.asp). We do not offer the High Flow Air Intake for the 2010 (or 2011) WRX. Our engineers were unable to strike an acceptable balance between increased horsepower and long-term emissions performance.

You can view all Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT) parts available for your WRX from our website at www.subaru.com. Select the "Enthusiasts" tab and then "Performance Tuning".

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service and we wish you many safe happy miles in your WRX.

Best Wishes,
Nancy Quinn
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer Dealer Services
I guess, that's that with the SPT Air Intake. Time for me to move on to either AVO's or K&N's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts