Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its fast :eek:

A very nice black one pulled up next to me at a stop light tonight. Nice chrome rims, wide tires, and big Brembo Brakes at all 4 corners. We were complementing eachothers cars and ended up racing from a dig twice. I was hoping that he would turn off his TCS and spin off the line, but all 4 tires gripped and it squatted. Ended up pulling past me as i was shifting into second. The second time he turned the TCS off and spun very bad off the line, i wouldnt count that as a win. There was a little bit of rain coming down during both runs too. AWD FTW! lol.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Another notch on the boards for OGB!! ;D I lined up w/ my boys 04' saleen( stock besides a K&N CAI and reprogram) need I say more :)!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another notch on the boards for OGB!! ;D I lined up w/ my boys 04' saleen( stock besides a K&N CAI and reprogram) need I say more :)!
'04 Saleen, in the rain, from a dig. ;D

·
Registered
717 Posts
i like the all the srt models out there, especially the jeep. nice run, that car is scary quick for an SUV....or for any other car for that matter.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ran a SRT8 Super Bee at the 1/8 mile track when i was stock, i have the time slip somewhere. it was only 1 second faster. of course i think that on a 1/4 mile it would blow me away with its top end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dad have 5.7L Hemi Grand Cherokee Limited and it's even with my 08 WRX. I can follow him and he can follow me.

My brother have 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram and I can beat him by one car in the 0-100km/h (0-60mph)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dad have 5.7L Hemi Grand Cherokee Limited and it's even with my 08 WRX. I can follow him and he can follow me.

My brother have 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram and I can beat him by one car in the 0-100km/h (0-60mph)
try to run the Ram from a dig through your 3rd gear.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am pretty sure the SRT Jeep would outrun the WRX nearly all the time. We also carry jeep and our owner drives an SRT8 Grand Cherokee. Even though it is a really heavy vehicle it would give an "ok" driver in an STI a good run for its money. with a good driver, the STI would definitely win in a short run. 420hp and 420 ft lbs goes a long way in the 6.1L hemi, AWD, 0-60 in about 5.2 sec and runs the 1/4 in under 13.5 and at over 102mph gets it moving...and fast.

The STI is definitely a driver's vehicle so in order to get the best out of it, you just have to be a pretty good driver. If you are "just ok" on the manual tranny, then the Jeep might edge you out in a quick run.

·
Registered
13 Posts
car and SUV race?
real races takes place at a race TRACK not a drag strip... with subarus AWD and flat motor's super low center of gravity it will kill just about anything out there.
yes ever monsterous hemi chargers or Cobra's. at a track race u need TRACTION....lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
remember, the fastest cars in a straight line in the world are RWD. the fastest cars on a track in the world are RWD

yes, for most of us, AWD is the answer, but with the right setup, RWD is still the king of automobile motorsports.

For those of us that just do minor mods, maybe coilovers, power mods, big brake kits, AWD helps to try to be an equalizer and allows us to drive a little harder/faster than the current set up or even our talents would normally allow.

I have a friend here locally that has a C5 corvette that he track races all over the country with a 383 race prepped stroker motor in it and it is just amazing. It might be the fastest street legal vehicle I have ever been in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts