Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run a stage 1 map on a stock uppipe and downpipe and not have any problems or do I have to replace them before I reflash? And which map do all you think is better Perrin or Cobb? Thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
That is kind of what Stage 1 is all about. Basically, it is just putting a tune to a stock,or almost stock, engine. I am running the Perrin Stage 1 on my car and like it so far(only had it a couple of weeks and I'm gone most of that time). My only engine mods are a drop in intake filter and a SPT cat back exhaust.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
^^^^ I am pretty close to a2cpc, no drop in filter but I do have the SPT CBE...
Cobb produces a consertative map... I found it to be very close to the OEM mapping, just a little more stable. I am running the the 91 oct Perrin Stage I map... it pretty much rocks! IMO just about any map is more ageressive than Cobb.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
you are fine for stage 1.like already said,the cobb map is conservative.if you want more than that try a different tuner.i also have the perrin 91 map and it is alot different than the cobb.i tried both and the comparison is night and day.i have a borla catback and avo filter.my car runs awesome now.especially with colder air outside!!have fun.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Can I run a stage 1 map on a stock uppipe and downpipe and not have any problems or do I have to replace them before I reflash? And which map do all you think is better Perrin or Cobb? Thanks
What model are you running STi or WRX? With the WRX perrin hands down. The STi much more gray area. I actually prefer the COBB for the STi because of its sharper throttle response. Less top end power but more response is the trade-off here.
Those of you who run the AP Race tuner should notice the COBB throttle maps are very nice in terms of calulating throttle inputs to throttle positions. Harder to drive but very rewarding to those who know how to use it. :)
IMO of course ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts