Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if the members here would be so kind as to post images of the standard WRX Hatchback (front, side, rear) I'm debating on whether the premium package is worth it, and have not seen any clear shots of it. THANKS

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Do you plan on doing any mods once you get it? Cause if you are I would save the money and go with the base and throw mods in it. Well, I guess that is what I did... HEHE

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I really like the diffuser... I plan on swapping the grill and chrome bar... but other than that, I wasn't planning on a whole lot of external mods (well rims, and tint are standard :) )
I think I'm already convincing myself its worth it... it's just a big price jump from my 98 OBS!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Yeah I really like the diffuser... I plan on swapping the grill and chrome bar... but other than that, I wasn't planning on a whole lot of external mods (well rims, and tint are standard :) )
I think I'm already convincing myself its worth it... it's just a big price jump from my 98 OBS!
especially when it's possible to get the premium WRX at the standard WRX MSRP. :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys! Planning to down pay with the help of my tax refund - so hopefully I'll be joining the ranks soon

In case anyone is interested - here's the old OBS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the hatch definitly need premium for the rear diffuser, if you live up north you will love the heated seat, mirror, wiper.

i didnt have the choice since in canada we only get premium, but i will definitly go premium if i was in the US

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got the standard. But less than 2 weeks later I ordered the front and rear lip kit and then ordered the side skirts for the premium. Everything is coming painted DMG. To the door it cost me about $950. I found out that the premium doesn't just have a F/R lip kit, it is the whole bumber with the spoiler made into it. That kinda bumbed me out because I really liked the defuser as well and was thinking I could add it. When it gets here, I will take some before and after picks.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
There is also the better radio with more option with the premium

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
dunno for U.S market
but canada have only 3 models
2.5i
2.5i Sport
WRX

the 2.5i Sport is basicaly a WRX premium without the turbo and the hood scoop
its got VDC, full premium bodykit with rear diffuseur, leather steering and shifter, premium radio, heated seat, mirror and wiper etc... you add the scoop and the only visual difference with a premium wrx will be the wheel

they only ask 2500$ over the base 2.5i which i think is totaly worth it, oh and the 2.5i sport can come in WRB, instead of newport blue

·
Registered
333 Posts
for us its either 2.5i or WRX, both have about a 2k premium package. ours comes with like disc rear brakes and VDC etc, they get all that plus windshield wiper de-frosters, side-mirror heaters, heated seats, and a body kit.

WHY SUBARU??! WHY?!

(ps. the heated stuff matters a lot to me because i live in New England)

EDIT: ooooo i did some research and our premium package costs 1,500 while theirs costs 2,100... ok seems more reasonable now

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
premium pack for the 2.5i really worth it mainly for the VDC

·
Registered
333 Posts
oo im smacking myself in the forehead right now

see i got my car with the deck lip spoiler and the sport grille, but i forgot the front underspoiler, which i think is necessary and i didnt realize was an accesory and didnt come with the premium package...

i cant find it on ebay, so does that mean im gonna have to call my dealership ($$$?) and have them put it on?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't much care about the lower lip on the front, etc., but I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the heated seats, heated mirrors, wiper de-icers, VDC, and the upgraded sound system (though the lack of ability to display MP3 tag information from CD-Rs is a glaring omission).

Do the standard models have the automatic climate control? I sort of love/hate that.

And, yes, I paid the "standard" WRX MSRP for the premium version, and that included the auto-dimming mirror w/compass and the cargo tray.

·
Registered
66 Posts
go with the premium package. It's worth it just for the body kit and rear diffuser; they really set the car off. I live in a wintery climate, so the heated seats, heated side mirrors and wiper de-icer were a must. You may decide you don't need them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the base sedan and yes it came with the auto climate control. It also came with the auto dim mirror w/compass. I put the steering controls, tweeters, and woofer in mine as well. for about $600 total. Of course no heated seats, mirrors or windshield. No big deal for me though. I do wish that it had come with the fog lights. I bought mine in Vegas they had the base sedan like mine for $25,000 and the next closest price was loaded with the nav for 30,000 the choice was easy for me.

Seth

1 - 20 of 23 Posts