Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting confuesd by the minute. ???I have a 08 WRX base. My Q' here is will this fit without the PRM pkg front spoiler? Its kinda vague and all the pictures show it on PRM pkg spoiler installed. I dont see how the install will be the same w/mounting. Im intrigued because its for sale on genuinesubaruparts.com for $50 cheaper then usual. Im pretty sold on actual or indorsed Subaru parts knowing the fitment wont be a issue. I tend to stay away from ebay-specials

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1478

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/products/sti-front-lip-spoiler-p-1362.html?osCsid=f61c0893f243cf5f83eeb3884e6b7b85

^^^ if you read the little "vague" discription it says not compatible with front underspoiler?? WTH is going on here lol?

P.S. Subaru SPT and STi parts in the marketing genre is genius they get A+ in marketing in my book just not in my wallet :'(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So basically buy the PRM pkg front under-spoiler in my color, so i can buy a STi lower lip spoiler? Then i can call it a day.

I just dont know how well that will mesh since i do have the base and not a PRM 08. Im wondering if it will look odd with no side-skirts.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
it's not possible to buy the premium front under spoiler alone b/c it's built into the front bumper.
There is a Subaru front lip spoiler for the 2.5i and base 08 WRX:
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_99_100&products_id=1286
I am not sure if it will work with any of the mentioned STi lips.
Since you have the base 08, IIRC it's the same front as the 2.5i so this should work:
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_99_100&products_id=1478
However, it's best to call them up at SGP. They are pretty helpful.

·
Registered
651 Posts
STi offers three lip spoilers for the 3gen Impreza- each is slightly different based on the oe bumper cover- one offered for the base WRX, one offered for the premium/09 WRX and one for the STi

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I'll just call and find out exactly what will fit, then ill update this thread.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im pretty sure Im sold on the route I want to go. Order the PRM pkg underspoiler and get the STi lip spoiler thats fit comp. Has anyone did this. I think i seen a post with a member that has done it but cant find it. :-\

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys i'm confused and need your help.

i have an 08 2.5i with the premium bumper. should i be getting the front lip for the "wrx" on subaru genunine parts? all three of them have the same bumper in the pictures and the description isn't the clearest so i just want to make sure before i buy something that doesn't fit. jamie wrote me an email and told me there isn't a lip compatible with my premium bumper. my bumper is the same one in their pictures and as a lot of the members on this forum...so i'm pretty sure one of them does fit.

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/images/2008-subaru-impreza-front-lip-under-spoiler.jpg

so which one do i get?

thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
651 Posts
get the one for the 2009 WRX (it has the premium bumper stock) or send Jamie an email

·
Registered
14 Posts
get the one for the 2009 WRX (it has the premium bumper stock) or send Jamie an email
i sent jamie an email and she told me to select by model, so 2.5i. then i replied and asked her if my bumper and the wrx are the same, why wouldn't i just buy the wrx lip that's 20 dollars cheaper and she said "Because subaru states the 2.5i premium takes the 2.5i front lip. Not the WRX front lip."

so i'm still confused. i've been reading that there are 3 different fitments for lips, so is there really a difference between them if i'm to buy the 2.5 lip when i have the same bumper has a wrx?

·
Registered
651 Posts
well that is confusing- my understanding was one lip for the STi, one lip for the 09 WRX and and any Impreza w/ a premium factory lip option and one lip for 08 WRX/non premium bumpers

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
hey guys i'm confused and need your help.

i have an 08 2.5i with the premium bumper. should i be getting the front lip for the "wrx" on subaru genunine parts?
I think we're confused as well. As far as I know, the 2.5i had a premium package but that didnt include any aero bits. So is your front bumper like this:

or like this:

if it's the 1st pic, then you need the lip specific for 2.5i only. If it's the 2nd, you need 08 WRX premuim or 09 WRX lip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the bumper in the second picture. i'm from canada and they offered a package with all the wrx aero parts (front bumper, side skirts, rear diffuser) for the 2.5i. i went down to the dealership today and after some searching, we found that the "wrx" front lip will fit my car because we have the same bumper.

what i find confusing is the fact that subaru geunine parts has the same bumper in all their pictures for the three options (sti, wrx, and 2.5i). and that very bumper in the pictures, is the one i have! don't get me wrong, i love their service and have been very happy with them, but the website is at times somewhat unclear.

so from what jamie told me to do: say i had a wrx and i were to pick by model; the wrx has two bumpers from 2008, so shouldn't there be two different options for that car? so it made me think, is there really a difference?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
so from what jamie told me to do: say i had a wrx and i were to pick by model; the wrx has two bumpers from 2008, so shouldn't there be two different options for that car? so it made me think, is there really a difference?
yes, for 2008 in the US, we had the base WRX which had the same exterior as the 2.5i (except hood scoop) and then premium, thats why there are 2 for 2008 WRX and 1 for 2009 WRX. Judging from what you have said, you most likely need the 2008WRX Premium/2009 WRX front lip.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I know this post is old, but I have the answer to this issue. Us 08 guys non-prem cant have both, which is kinda lame if you ask me but hey what are you going to do? You can either get the painted front underspoiler or the 2.5i base STi front lip spoiler but not both. Now I made sure and asked if this was going to work to multiple retailers of the parts, all saying fitment wont be an issue. Well its an issue, they are not compatible. Now to clear what im talking about the part numbers as follow: the 2.5i base ends with a 100 the Prem or 09+ end with 110 and the STi part number ends with a 120. I do have good news though, SOA is sending me a check for 20% restocking fee and all shipping fees. I was kinda upset that the both wont work together. So I have the front underspoiler and no STi front lip spoiler. Its cool though, Im now going with a Grillcraft MX series lower mesh grill to match the sport front sport grill. The part was going to be expensive but worth it to me in my eyes. Im all about an aggressive front end. Its crazy though after I recieved the part i could of sweared that I paid mostly for that little STi emblem on the lip spoiler.

-Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts