Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with this conversion? Is it as simple as it appears to be?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
even if the front is easier than the rear... witout doing the rear the car will look really unbalenced

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the STi has bigger/wider wheels and wheelbase as well. so sure you can install just the STi front bumper and fenders, but then your car looks top-heavy and awkward

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
right, I was just pointing out that it's more than a different set of fenders, the layout of the car is different, and the rear would be possible BUT you'd have to replace the rear fenders (which are connected to the arch that goes all the way to the front A-pillar!), rear bumper, and rear doors...

maybe in the future there will be a body kit to accomplish all of this (similar to this: http://www.body-kit.com/sub_07_wrcspec.html)
but for now, just be happy that you saved $10,000 and you have a sleeper

·
Registered
629 Posts
right, I was just pointing out that it's more than a different set of fenders, the layout of the car is different, and the rear would be possible BUT you'd have to replace the rear fenders (which are connected to the arch that goes all the way to the front A-pillar!), rear bumper, and rear doors...

maybe in the future there will be a body kit to accomplish all of this (similar to this: http://www.body-kit.com/sub_07_wrcspec.html)
but for now, just be happy that you saved ,000 and you have a sleeper
WOW!!!!!! :D I think everyone should take a look at this......holy crap!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yeah but a car that costs $10,000 less than an STi that you can mod to be faster than an STi without looking like one = sleeper

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'm not so sure that any car with a hood scoop qualifies as a sleeper.
i have to agree... my WRB hatch with a scoop look nothing like a sleeper... sleeper dont just mean a fast car for cheaper... its a car that dont look fast... IMO i think a stock WRX is powerfull enough so the term sleeper cannot apply

·
Registered
137 Posts

but for now, just be happy that you saved ,000 and you have a sleeper
There went the $10,0000 dollars you saved. I think that is one ugly STI

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yeah that body kit is pretty fugly IMO. I can't wait to see what they come out with for the 08's though

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
what are you guys talking about?

it's unpainted carbon fiber. if it were painted and actually installed well (without the lines all over giving away the fact that it's a body kit) it would look amazing.

I don't know if that kit would be $10,000 but even if it brings the cost to the same as the STi, if you installed it right (cut out the parts it's replacing instead of just taking them on top with sticky tape) it would be a significant weight reduction.

and like I said, not so much sleeper... just more of a sleeper-STi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tried to do the above. Not worth the cash. Need the STI rear doors, side skirts, rearframe panel, spoiler, rear bumper, front bumper, front fenders, and that intake slit. Basically will cost about $6-7000 SGD or about $5000 USD. Not including new rims and brakes to make the package complete. BTW if you have the cash, never use spacers especially if you track.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tried to do the above. Not worth the cash. Need the STI rear doors, side skirts, rearframe panel, spoiler, rear bumper, front bumper, front fenders, and that intake slit. Basically will cost about -7000 SGD or about 00 USD. Not including new rims and brakes to make the package complete. BTW if you have the cash, never use spacers especially if you track.
What exactly is the rear frame panel you're referring to?

my car has just been hit and run on the front end.. I'm contemplating whether to do only the front end conversion for now and do the rest later when I have more spare money.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Tried to do the above. Not worth the cash. Need the STI rear doors, side skirts, rearframe panel, spoiler, rear bumper, front bumper, front fenders, and that intake slit. Basically will cost about -7000 SGD or about 00 USD. Not including new rims and brakes to make the package complete. BTW if you have the cash, never use spacers especially if you track.
What exactly is the rear frame panel you're referring to?

my car has just been hit and run on the front end.. I'm contemplating whether to do only the front end conversion for now and do the rest later when I have more spare money.
that sucks about the hit and run but the car will look funny if its wider in the front then the back. just my .02

·
Registered
706 Posts
I dont know if anyone's mentioned it yet but you can't just get the fenders. you have to get the front bumper as well. If you want a wide body just be patient i'm sure their will be one available in the future.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
This thread got resurrected and I was looking back at that kit that saturn linked. I actually like it more now that I'm looking at it again. Maybe someday something cool will come out for our ride.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think in the future it'd be cool to see a WRX sedan with STi fenders...

A body kit to make your WRX look like an STi?? Sorry, but, why bother - that's like getting a tit job - you can package them up to look Ok at best but there are plenty of givaways and, at teh end of the day, they're fake!

A WRX us Not an STi and that's that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts