Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious what it would take to put the IC and the intake manifold from the STI on my wrx. Like what parts I would need to replace for them to fit. Has anyone done this swap already or anything like it? Thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
Im curious what it would take to put the IC and the intake manifold from the STI on my wrx. Like what parts I would need to replace for them to fit. Has anyone done this swap already or anything like it? Thanks
if you really have your heart set on having an STi IC and manifold, that's cool. But it would be easier to just get a bigger aftermarket one, like perrin or AVO. Then again, running water/meth injection with the stock TMIC would be another option if you are looking to cool the air intake temp.

·
Registered
752 Posts
now that i think about it... if you wanted to use the manifold and IC, you would have to buy the STi turbo too.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I did a quick search, but didnt dig deep enough. I believe a member by the name of SirSimon did it, and some folks over on NASIOC did it.
After quickly browsing some threads, it seems as though doing a swap may not be the best choice unless going from NA to turbo, or EJ20T to EJ257T.

·
Registered
177 Posts
tune shop here in the philippines has done it as well on an 08 wrx - changed to vf48 turbo, and used 07 sti manifold and 07 sti intercooler. a bit of plumbing as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts