Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wish Subaru would of put the lighted STI/LGT side mirrors on our WRX's. Does anybody know if they can be easily swaped and be functional. I dont know if theres the correct wires in the wrx harness.

·
Registered
954 Posts
even if you dont have the correct wires in the factory harness, it would be too hard to wire them into your blinkers

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
i am interested in doing the same thing .i will be doing it when i can find a set of color matching sti mirrors used or a deal new .the wiring would have to be tied into the front signals same as if you were putting a set of those side signals that were the craze .use a relay and they will flash one after the other .any good stereo installer with good relay knowage can wire them in .

·
Registered
57 Posts
yeah would be nice if wires r in the harness already, those mirrors r sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i need those.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The wires may be in there...turn signals in mirror is an accessory in japan.

Are the legacy gt mirrors the same as the impreza?

·
Registered
493 Posts
i have them on order for my car, japanparts.com takes usually like a month from japan but well worth the wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I even wonder if those mirrors works on a 2.5i since it's an option in Japan.
soco, did you receive the mirrors? does it work?

i have them on order for my car, japanparts.com takes usually like a month from japan but well worth the wait.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I even wonder if those mirrors works on a 2.5i since it's an option in Japan.
soco, did you receive the mirrors? does it work?

They where on order for 2 months and i ended up canceling because i couldnt wait any longer :) Just keeping my eyes on ebay for now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw a thread about this on another forum, I do not remember which one. I will look for it. However it came out that the mirrors on the WRX are not wired for the turn signals and you would have to run the wire yourself. I will find that other thread and post a link.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I saw a thread about this on another forum, I do not remember which one. I will look for it. However it came out that the mirrors on the WRX are not wired for the turn signals and you would have to run the wire yourself. I will find that other thread and post a link.
It was on NASIOC. When I get the time I'm going to mod my mirrors to do it. I just need to get the skull caps with the provisions for the signals. Can't find them anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts