Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STI owners, I want your 18" wheel part numbers?

Hey guys, I was thinking that when I get my car I'd like to run down the stock tires and put snows on, and upgrade to the stock 18" silver BBS wheels from the 08 STI for the summer. It would give a wrx sedan or wagon that OEM+ look, which i'm kinda going for with this car. So anyone who comes in here with an STI, could you do a favor and look on the inside of one of your wheels for a part number? I want to get the number and call the dealer to get an estimate on how much those bad boys are per wheel. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: STI owners, I want your 18" wheel part numbers?

Cost on the wheels is 500+ a wheel, your price is like 650 if you don't have a hookup at the dealership. I work at Ressler Subaru in Mandan, ND. I will grab the part number for you tommorow.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Which snow are you looking at ? im running Dunlop SP winter sport 3D on my OEM rims and i love them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Haven't picked up the car yet (and i'm already planning mods lol) but I had Dunlop Winter Sport M3 on my Jetta and thought they were great in the snow.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Are you getting an STI or a WRX. The original post sounded like you were going to pick up a WRX but were wanting STI wheels.

the 08 STI wheels wont fit a WRX. the bolt pattern is different.

The only STI wheels that fit our Impreza models are the 2004 models.

2005 +STI's have 5x114 bolt pattern with a 55mm offset.

Our Impreza models have a 5x100 (as do legacy and forester models)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Haven't picked up the car yet (and i'm already planning mods lol) but I had Dunlop Winter Sport M3 on my Jetta and thought they were great in the snow.
M3 got replace by the 3D now its the new models, even better :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Are you getting an STI or a WRX. The original post sounded like you were going to pick up a WRX but were wanting STI wheels.

the 08 STI wheels wont fit a WRX. the bolt pattern is different.

The only STI wheels that fit our Impreza models are the 2004 models.

2005 +STI's have 5x114 bolt pattern with a 55mm offset.

Our Impreza models have a 5x100 (as do legacy and forester models)
You read it correctly in the original post, getting a WRX, premium package but wanted 18" STI wheels. STI doesnt do it for me in 08 trim, love the look of the 07's and previous much better, and the fact that it is 35k base sucks!

I was going to see if I could put 08 STI wheels on an 08 WRX, so it would almost look like my car is an 08 STI sedan (even though one is not made). i want to put 18 inch wheels regardless, so thank you for clarifying the bolt pattern and offset, i thought our cars were 5x114.3, so i'm glad to know that they are 5x100.

·
Registered
77 Posts

welcome. You can always go with a larger rota type wheel to give off the STI wheel appearance. The biggest thing in looks that now sets the STI from our WRX's are the huge fender flares and the exhaust looks from the rear view. The scoop no longer has a bigger opening (only a different interior diffusor).

In theory, you could changes front and rear bumpers, rear side doors, bottom side skirts, rear spoiler and front fenders to have the STI body. the hood and front doors are the same in shape. it is a lot to change, but if someone wants it bad enough, that is probably how to go about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts