Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend? I've heard negatives to both. Some say the back end sags with the swift springs and i've also heard that there is a less confident ride with the STi pinks. I want to put them on my 2.5i but i dont want to end up changing them later. Any opinions from people who have either would help alot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2 cents

I love my STI pinks! They're exactly what I wanted. My Impreza is my daily driver and my mode of transport to the mountain for snowboarding so I didn't want it too low. They are exactly what they said they'd be. They're 25% stiffer and feel 25% stiffer. The car doesn't sway as much when I corner and it drops the car about 10mm, aggressive but not slammed. Plus I can barely feel any difference in ride quality.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got the pinks in today, and they are great. They are stiffer, but the ride is still pretty smooth if not smother really. The stock spring bounce over bumps and these springs absorb them better.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Haven't had my pinks on very long, but so far I am happy with them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
well, i know your comparing pinks & swift, but i had pinks on for about 3k miles and now i have cobbs on and i can tell ya i like the cobbs much more. give a similar ride on the highway and over bumps, slightly stiffer, but its a much nicer handling through the corners. if you live in a spot with decent roads, id probably say go for the swifts but if your going to be dodging potholes and driving through snow, id probably reco pinks

·
Registered
916 Posts
i say swifts! i love my swifts. ride quality does not suffer. i barely noticed the difference. the drop is more then the pinks. it will drop you right around an inch, LOOKS SWEET!!!! and even front and back, no sagging. there is another sedan rolling around these parts with pinks, and parking next to him when mine was stock i couldnt for the life of me tell if there was any drop if at all. i not only wanted some handling, but i wanted some drop. so these were perfect for me. nice drop but not crazy aggresive as i do winter driving and dont want to rub. cobbs give a bit more, and so do the H&R's, i cant imagine my car being any lower. i would rub the front pulling in my driveway, haha. heres a couple pics:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Swift springs tend to be on the softer side because of linear compression qualities. The Pinks overall are more aggressive in terms of rate, but the Swifts may be better given adjustable dampening.

We really couldn't tell you which to get, it would be up to you to feel it out, all we can provide is input on how your car will react, not that you will like it or not.

Have fun and good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts