Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just went to hitech today in SYdney - who apparently got the contract to do the SUbaru upgrades you buy at the dealership. Anyway, He tiold me If i can source a rear bumper from the STi, there is no problems with putting on the quad upgrade exhaust...
Question..
Do i just need the rear apron bit that replaces the diffuser only, or do I need the whole bumper?
Also where can I get one from?

Quad exhausts with the STi wing...

And the AVO380 turbo.. im cheering consider the STi costs another $25000 extra than a rexy.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
You will need the whole rear bumper along with the missing hangers on the underside. There is a bit of welding involved but it should fit. There is also another guy in here that did duals on his rex, I think he used a Camaro mufler. 350Z one can also work. Someone here in US did it also.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the guy offered me the cost as $300 bucks extra, if I supply the bumper? The upgrade exhausts look incredible - 4 fatties.. with my AVO 380 are going to rock...
Example video..

This si the one for the standard WRX - sounds incredibly tight I think - and its legal..

or its this sti one from the same guy..

Tell me what you think?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Does this guy have a website? Those quads for the STi look VERY nice!
Thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that sort of falls into my question of what I would need to do.
I am pretty keen though, and the only thing stopping me is the sound of the normal WRX exhaust being pretty tasty anyways lol.
I would LOVE the quad set up though.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i was thinking of cutting the diffuser off an sti bumper and getting it put on mine but i took a closer look and the diffuser is just sprayed with some sort of textured paint, its not a seperate piece like i originally thought. That complicates things quite a bit. Though i would really like to do it someday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wonder how much wider the quad exhaust is in comparison to the wrx single. Judging by width of the hatch the width looks similar. I had hoped you cut a hole in your wrx diffuser to match the one on the right side. Of course I was thinking of perrin dual. The quad would need more trimming.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Reference for you

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
It's from someone in this forum. I will try to find the original post. Or hopefully this person will see this and take a looksee.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OH. MY. GOD. My prayers have been answered. I am SO happy I found this part. Bit gay, yes but man Im excited. What do you think? ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Looks cool to me. Whatever floats your boat I say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts