1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
629 Posts
They come unpainted...doesn't have an option for paint on the web site. Shouldn't be too hard for a local shop to paint it, I had a shop here paint my Chrome strip replacement and saved $$$$

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I requested a quote from Jaime at SubaruGenuineParts and she came back to me with $300 for them to paint it... Sounds rather steep...

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I requested a quote from Jaime at SubaruGenuineParts and she came back to me with 0 for them to paint it... Sounds rather steep...
That doesn't sound to bad if its the same for every color. I'd be looking at probably 100-150 to get mine painted locally since 3stg paints are a bitch :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
That doesn't sound bad at all....considering it's $267 unpainted. A body shop will easily cost $100

Tell jamie you want 2, one in OBP ;) hehe

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct!!! It is $300 just to paint it! You have to buy it for $268 as well!

$568 total

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, good point........$300 for paint is really high!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got a quote from my local Suby dealer and they gave me $225 for paint.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I would suggest painting locally.... unless the local shops paint worst than OE (which seems rare now adays w/ Subaru paint). I have seen some 08's with this, but no one ever put up a DIY.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Has anyone done this switch themselves? What is all involved?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yea is this install require drilling new old or its fixed at the same poin than the factory wing ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
^^^ No drilling required, theres 4 bolts on the interior hatch trim that needs to be removed as well as the brake light. Basically its a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an FYI - I ordered my spoiler today from SGP. I was able to secure a quote of $175 from my local dealer to paint it for me when it comes in. I guess thats not too bad of a price for paint.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just posted somewhere else, but im waiting to here back form the owner.. I dont understand, when you get to the shipping costs part, you have some shipping payment choices.
Some are ok (like 180US for postage to AUs) Some are ridiculous ($300!! which means no sale) for postage.

How do you know which is ok, cause you can s=choose all of them?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Broski, I dont even want to ask.. they are horrible.
For example,
Window tints at the dealer - $495. (local guy - quality @$150-200)
Sub woofer under the seast ? $495. (imported on ebay - $215)

Word! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts