Subaru WRX Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: STI Replica Rear Spoiler

Depending on price and shipping i might be in for one. Since installation doesnt cost money it wont cost too much for me to do.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Correct ^^ 08 through to current shape hatch... they haven't changed the actual shape of the car above the wheel arches on the MY11's. Reckon we should a rear wing/front lip combo buy ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts

Just to note, the spoiler weighs noticeably more than the STi oem. It rattled a bit when driving on rough roads and closing the hatch gate, doesn't change with re-tightening of the bolts.

I've swapped over to the genuine part since.

·
Registered
56 Posts

mmmm interesting. but ultrex arent the only ones that make a cf sti replica. if thats the case then there might be better options out there

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Hey guys this is a thread for a group buy for the STI replica spoiler from N-1. I got a great deal from our friend Dan. If you would like to maybe get another style of spoiler, especially if everyone prefers it, please start a new thread and we can close this GB.

On another note, I'll leave this GB open till July 20th. After that we might have to put the group buy for the spoiler in this thread on hold, at least until we can get numbers and interest up.

I believe Dan also has the carbon fibre models for sale, and I'd be happy to check if we can get a deal for 3Gwrx members. I have to say I have no dealings with Dan, personally or otherwise, other than having bought my spoiler off him. I'm just happy to try and get you guys a descent deal on a spoiler, because the real one costs around $1500!

Genuine parts are better if you can stretch, but these spoilers are pretty good as per the photos. You'll notice the real one has a white coloured background for the LEDs as opposed to the red you get on the copy's.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Hi mate, I agree.

Have looked around and decided your option is the best deal.

Still keen on the group buy so keep chasing it.

How about we get another roll call on numbers??

·
Registered
37 Posts

Im looking at up grading my spoiler to the CF one.the one i have now I bought from dan at N1....
On a side note would anyone be interested in taking the one I have now off my hands.....My cars WR blue........PM Me......
let me know about the GB for the CF spoiler......

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

yeah that sounds good mitchwnz, cheers mate.

So we'll go ahead with this one then, and if we want to include a few Carbon Fibre ones I cant see why we cant ask for a deal on those to.

Ill update our site by the end of the week with a deal on the CF.

Thanks guys - I'd love to get everyone a good deal so if your keen put your hand up, I'll be organising the whole thing so you'll get your stuff pronto.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Ive contacted our friend Dan regarding a price on the CF spoilers as well. Will post up soon as I find out.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Ok guys I have some time this week to organise this, lets get final numbers if anyone is still keen for this, and Ill contact Dan to get them shipped out.

Lets say final orders in by Dec 10 so we can try get them before XMAS, if there is not enough numbers I'll cancel the GB and feel free to try and contact Dan for yourself if you like.

Just pop your name below if your still keen and we'll get this rolling. Be done with your stock spoiler!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.