Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested to see what and how the car reacted with the recirc hose off the stock bov. come to find of its freaken loud, and the car dose stall with it off, just a bit of info i thought i would share with eveyone.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I was interested to see what and how the car reacted with the recirc hose off the stock bov. come to find of its freaken loud, and the car dose stall with it off, just a bit of info i thought i would share with eveyone.
i took mine off once to see what happens and i got the same results. Right now i have a Greddy RS bov and its not recirculated. The car doesn't stall, but i did get a protune.

IF you want to hear the BOV i would recommend getting a CAI if you dont have one already. You will also hear the turbo spool.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i took mine off once to see what happens and i got the same results. Right now i have a Greddy RS bov and its not recirculated. The car doesn't stall, but i did get a protune.

IF you want to hear the BOV i would recommend getting a CAI if you dont have one already. You will also hear the turbo spool.
CAI with stock bov? or CAI with greddy rs bov?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool where can i get a CAI .... ???

sorry guys help me out here...

thanks =)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Taking out the recirc hose will cause backfires in the exhaust due to the car running rich instantaneously.

But it has neligible effect on reliability.

You can get a CAI from RalliTEK.com or from Ultimateracing.com.

·
Registered
36 Posts
its possible to tune the car or will still run on rich ?

thanks ;)

Taking out the recirc hose will cause backfires in the exhaust due to the car running rich instantaneously.

·
Registered
421 Posts
There's no way to teach the ECU.

There's no way for the ECU to measure how much air was released by the BOV and to correct the fuel input.

its possible to tune the car or will still run on rich ?

thanks ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was able to get mine to run without stalling out...i took off teh recirc hose and then put it back only covering half of the opening....so loud PSSSSST and no stall but lots of after fire.....scared teh crap out of me teh first time i thought something blew off teh car lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is there any benefit to taking off the recirc hose other than to hear the BOV?? ??? I've heard that there is really no need to change your BOV and that it can actually hurt your car...at least that's what I read on NASIOC.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is there any benefit to taking off the recirc hose other than to hear the BOV?? ??? I've heard that there is really no need to change your BOV and that it can actually hurt your car...at least that's what I read on NASIOC.
1. No.
2. Correct, unless you are running a lot more boost than stock, as the stock one leaks over a certain psi.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
1. No.
2. Correct, unless you are running a lot more boost than stock, as the stock one leaks over a certain psi.....

Thanks ;D

·
Registered
84 Posts
i tried this recently too... mine also did stall out... why does it stall out anyone know? i had an audi 1.8t before an i also did this an it didn stall :-\

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Because the recirc of that air, as I understand it, is expected by the cars computer. So you are essentially running really rich, because the car expects that air, then doesn't get it. The car stalls because there isn't enough air to mix with the fuel to ignite it. Subarus (05+ iirc) are VERY picky about this. If you want to make noise, you might try an intake or a BPV but you MUST get a tune in order to safely run those things without the risk of screwing things up. You have the choice of open source or access port tunes. Each has their own positives and negatives. I would suggest reading a lot more before doing any further mods.

joneSi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts