Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm thinking about buying a strut bar, but I don't want to spend the money and buy the rear and the front so my question is which one would benefit me more, the front or the rear? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
120 Posts
From what I've gathered from the guys on here, a rear strut tower bar isn't that beneficial to our cars. Better to do a front and then go into sways. That is my plan. btw, the front does tighten it up a little bit.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have front and rear cusco and i noticed a bigger difference by putting the rear one

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I put a cusco one of the front, noticeable difference for me...i thought it tightened up the handling nicely.

I noticed a difference when putting a rear on my GC8 (1GWRX), but they have a different suspension setup in the rear which would benefit more from a brace.

That being said, I'd believe what Courteau said :)

Get the front one first though imo

·
Registered
43 Posts
To echo what others have said: I have a 2008 WRX hatch and found:
1. the Cusco front strut bar helped a little, definitely noticeable though
2. the Cusco rear strut bar made a BIG improvement (I put it on weeks after I put on the front): controls the rear end, helps car come around corners better, reduces wheel hop and bumpiness in the rear

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
front will benefit turn-in

BUT

the 2008 impreza is VERY stiff from the factory. if you're going to spend money, I'd spend it on swaybars and some SPT Pink springs to see the most difference. strut bars won't do very much unless you're driving it hard a lot.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
156$ STi spring is by far the best suspension mod you can do for the money

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm going to get these for the front sub frame. 210 shipped

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Why not getting the cusco one, 170$ before shipping (216$ to canada, dunno about your adress)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have the sub-frame brace and love it....you'll be able to tell a difference in body flex in hard corners for sure.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts