Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any feed back on these? (Cusco, SPT) Did it really increase rigidity and steering feel? Or is this a hoax?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Anyone have any feed back on these? (Cusco, SPT) Did it really increase rigidity and steering feel? Or is this a hoax?
it really does improve handling. but our car being a naturally understeering car, installing this will cause your car to under steer alot more in extreme conditions. best accompanied with the rear tower as well.

·
Registered
954 Posts
it really does improve handling. but our car being a naturally understeering car, installing this will cause your car to under steer alot more in extreme conditions. best accompanied with the rear tower as well.
you think the rear brace would compliment the front?? i got a front brace and honestly i noticed improved steering response with it on. what kind of affect would the rear brace have?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
you think the rear brace would compliment the front?? i got a front brace and honestly i noticed improved steering response with it on. what kind of affect would the rear brace have?
I have a cusco front brace and I noticed a feeling of more precision in the steering after installing it...the steering was tighter and more responsive.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
All posts valid:
Front bar turn-in response and steering feedback improved + additional understeer
Rear bar more neutral steer when mid corner off throttle additional rear end stability when on throttle (I also thought it reduced wheelhop)

·
Registered
954 Posts
All posts valid:
Front bar turn-in response and steering feedback improved + additional understeer
Rear bar more neutral steer when mid corner off throttle additional rear end stability when on throttle (I also thought it reduced wheelhop)
so with the rear bar installed (after the front is in of course) it will give the car a feeling of slightly more oversteer? how will it affect turn it response?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
All posts valid:
so with the rear bar installed (after the front is in of course) it will give the car a feeling of slightly more oversteer? how will it affect turn it response?
It will feel like it gave you more over steer (more towards neutral anyways), yes since the rear end becomes more rigid. Turn-in reponse remains at the level it was with the front bar as before as the front turn-in is what induces the rear-end reaction. (rear follows front motions)

·
Registered
954 Posts
All posts valid:
It will feel like it gave you more over steer (more towards neutral anyways), yes since the rear end becomes more rigid. Turn-in reponse remains at the level it was with the front bar as before as the front turn-in is what induces the rear-end reaction. (rear follows front motions)
hmm. . . . i may have to look into a rear bar

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool thanks for the quick reply's guys. looks like il have to be saving up for a cusco one soon!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Aseomes posts I was just about to put up a posts asking about the tower brace for our cars... just wondering what brand would be best. My gf is buying me my front/rear sways + rear endlinks (getting the rallitek front/rears and rear endlinks, keeping stock front end links) and wanted to get a tower brace as well. Either SPT, Perrin, GTspec or Cusco. Don't know which one tho. Kinda leaning toward the Cusco since its the cheapiest (already making her spend $300 on sways then the Perrin BCS and Walbro fuel pump, and other pars haha ) I love x-mas!!

But yea back on point, which one would you guys suggest? Is one superior then the other or are all of them the same in the end?

·
Registered
954 Posts
hoenstly, they are all pretty much the same. i have one off ebay which works great and was only 90 shipped. so dont sweat the price too much unless your really caught up in brand names. its just a piece of aluminum

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
hoenstly, they are all pretty much the same. i have one off ebay which works great and was only 90 shipped. so dont sweat the price too much unless your really caught up in brand names. its just a piece of aluminum
I wasn't even aware there were ebay ones yet.
Got a link? :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yea I told my gf to get the GT Spec one.... I woulda just told her to buy me the Ultimate Racing FMIC but i'd rather upgrade my whole suspension before I upgrade my power..

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I don't think GT Spec qualifies as an Ebay brand.
They are reputable and cost similar to Cusco, I was thinking about those other no name ones.
Or did GT Spec go really really cheap on me recently?

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Yeah didn't mean to put it as an ebay brand...

They were on sale when I was at IAG to get my springs in so I figured what the heck...

·
Registered
954 Posts
I wasn't even aware there were ebay ones yet.
Got a link? :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__08-SUABRU-IMPREZA-JDM-2008-FRONT-TOWER-BAR-STRUT-BAR_W0QQitemZ220294809391QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQddiZ2811QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220294809391&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A331|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

i got mine a few months ago for around 95 shipped i think. im sure if you email them and ask them to drop the price a lil they will do it. good quality, perfect fitment, works great for me

·
Registered
339 Posts
I installed my SPT brace this afternoon and went for a drive. This isn't the first car I've had a STB on, so I knew it was a good mod. It definitely tighted up the front. Turn-in is a bit sharper now too. I'll know better how much of an improvement it is after the next autocross event (Nov 9th).

I also plan to add the lower chassis brace, but not yet... I like to do my suspension mods one at a time.

I also have the Cobb 35mm front swaybar, Perrin 19mm rear swaybar with the (stock) endlinks in the middle hole. I don't plan to get aftermarket endlinks unless I start snapping the stock ones. That probably won't happen until I get some decent autox tires (Kumho V710's).

Rob

·
Registered
0 Posts
anyone here with front struts and brake stopper?
i saw a leggy with this set up and was wondering if there is one for the 08 and if there are any reviews of it here..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts