Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to get the subaru 4/2 ports setup? and does anyone know why subaru did not put the 4/2 pots onto the 08 WRX??

·
Registered
421 Posts
Is it worth it to get the subaru 4/2 ports setup? and does anyone know why subaru did not put the 4/2 pots onto the 08 WRX??
if u ask me, its for profit margin, since they realised ALL serious racers on the WRX switch to 6pots anyway.

Its worth to switch to a 4/2 setup if you're not gonna be racing ur car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my car is mainly for DD purpose but also will attend some track day during summer time... getting the subaru 4 pots will allow me to use my OEM wheels during winter... if i don't track often and mainly use the car for DD... Do i even need to upgrade the brakes?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you're driving hard on a track day, you only need to upgrade your brakes if you want to be able to stop at the end of the day. :-\

That said, one upgrade that shouldn't muck with wheel fitment is a set of aftermarket rotors and brake pads, plus coated SS lines.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
new 2 pot?? u mean the brake in our 08?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I heard from a reliable source that the new 2-pots have the same stopping distance as the 4 pots from the 07s...the 4 pots only way a few grams less.
+1 This is some reliable info ya got :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can you install the 07 4-pots onto the stock 08 rotors up front, or is the 07 rotor larger than the 08??
I contacted Jamie about a month ago regarding swapping the front and rear brakes with those from a previous generation WRX. Here's the response. ;)

Being that the rear suspension on your 2008 IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from previous years,
It is safe to say the Rear brake upgrade will not work in any way

Front conversion can be done but you will need the full kit (rotors and all)

Please contact me with any other questions
Jamie Thomas
Internet Parts Manager
www.subarugenuineparts.com

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
expensive!!!!

just get nice pads, nice rotors and stainless steel brake lines with synthetic fluid (higher boiling temp) unless you plan to do serious racing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
In 60-0 test results, the 08 WRX provides the same stopping distance as the previous-generation WRX. I believe that the 08 WRX features larger rotors than the previous WRX, particularly in the rear. Any stock WRX has plenty of stopping power; for daily driver/occasional autocross & track purposes, the most efficient setup would be aftermarket pads, rotors, and stainless steel brake lines.

I have personally been looking around for these items but I believe the 08 WRX is still too new.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
basically the only reason to do this would be for appearance purposes ... which is sort of a big deal for some people.

I personally would prefer nicer looking brakes...

but in the end, the 08 WRX brakes perform great. throw some nicer pads and stainless steel lines on there and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
red stuff is a little overkill unless you're racing on a track. they squeak a LOT and are very harsh. they leave a lot more brake dust than normal pads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts