Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some subaru fogs. I was expecting to have to route a bunch of wires and have to do a bunch of electrical crap like I did with my past cars when I added oem accessory fogs. That was not the case with the wrx.

The box contained the two lights, two bolts and four clips to attach both of them. The replacement turn signal stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel which took all of 5 minutes to replace. And there was a fuse/relay thing that pops into a little slot beside the fuse box. The cables that connect to the lights were already routed to the fog light area from the factory apparently, so no routing was necessary. This install took like 30-40 minutes from start to finish, finish being when the fogs were operational (I still needed to aim them). I was very pleasantly surprised how insanely easy subaru made it.

I didn't remove the bumper, but instead just took two clips out of the plastic trim below the bumper under the fogs and pulled the plastic that becomes the wheel well out of the way. Super easy access, ramps help so that you don't have to crawl around on the floor.

Was anyone else who added fogs to their cars shocked by the insane simplicity of the install?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I called the dealer three times to make sure all the wiring was there, then I ordered them from ebay. Install was so easy. I actually did take the bumper cover off which wasn't too bad, a little scary, I didn't want to bend or break anything since its all plastic. Once off the fog lights slid right in, screws went in pretty nicely, relay and blinker was a piece of cake also.

One thing....Is there a little gap between the fog light and the bumper?

·
Registered
519 Posts
How much did the OEM set up cost ya? I was thinking about do it. I saw the wiring when I was installing my grill. Thought it might be an easy upgrade.

·
Registered
327 Posts
How much did the OEM set up cost ya? I was thinking about do it. I saw the wiring when I was installing my grill. Thought it might be an easy upgrade.
I am thinking that Subaru at least did one thing right. They basically ran all wiring except for a few simple things here and there. When I installed the XM, I basically had to connect two wires to pre-existing wiring and it was a super easy process. Glad to hear you were able to get these installed with little trouble.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am replacing my steering column cover with a fresh one, when I do that I will take a couple of pics. The hardest part of the entire install was removing the steering column cover.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I think I got them for $210 shipped...There are some on there now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts