Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impreza wagon --> hatch

Forester wagon --> SUV

I think Subaru has realised that wagon's don't appeal to most people and with these changes they will attract more buyers. Is this the right direction for Subaru? I think it is. Personally, I like the new look of both the Impreza and Forester.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i dont know bout that.. i seen plenty of foresters on the road. also a bunch of outbacks.

the 5door impreza is still classified as a wagon on the title, but everybody got thier own opinions on that.. cause technically it is a hatch and blah blah.. i dont really care lol

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don't know about your region but up here in Qu?©bec Hatches are pretty popular I know for sure that the 3 and 5 doors Ford focus was sold a lot more here than any sedan models, as for mazda 3s I can't tell if the Sport version is more or less popular but it is a safe bet to assume 50/50 I do not know what to make of this and ain't the 08 impreza sedan only an american release (well I read that somewhere) call it a hatch or a wagon it seems to be quite popular these days. :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
yah the impreza sedan is only in the american market. which also the same case i believe, for the scion tc and the civic coupe

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
so except for americans people love hatches anybody have an idea why?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Impreza sedans are in Canada too. I've seen a few of them in the Toronto area, but most 08's I've seen are hatches.

I think Subaru had too many car models that were wagons and they probably decided they don't need so many wagons and shook up things a little.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
oh yeah by America I meant the continent well I think it's North American only

·
Registered
498 Posts
The hatches are basically wagons. I think Subaru doesn't call them wagons so they can be used as rally cars and for marketing. The US has never liked sport hatchbacks. All the way back to the 70s. They are to easily associated with wagons, which, as we all know, are "Family" cars.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
They are practical (hatches)...they hold lots of stuff and easily hold more than 2 people :) Americans aren't practical, that's why everyone drives an SUV that makes 15 mpg highway here. ;)

I'm not a self-hating american, but alot of people don't need an 8 passenger SUV that they drive by themselves to work everyday.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
They are practical (hatches)...they hold lots of stuff and easily hold more than 2 people :) Americans aren't practical, that's why everyone drives an SUV that makes 15 mpg highway here. ;)

I'm not a self-hating american, but alot of people don't need an 8 passenger SUV that they drive by themselves to work everyday.
Up here in Sept-iles we have the same problems I see famillies with 2 brand new ford F250 V8 for 2 adults and one child and normally one of the pickups has a ski-doo or a ATV all year long in the rear, it angers me, OK OK we have A LOT of snow but hey there are a lot of practical winter cars out there (should I say Suby :D) with a lot less feul consumption and sometimes more usable space

·
Registered
537 Posts
With the price of gas the days of the big SUV are coming to an end and your going to be seeing a lot more medium cross overs, wagons and hatches like in Europe because the topically get better fuel efficiency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatchback
[quote author=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatchback]
Hatchback vehicles are functionally similar to station wagons (which are intended to carry large volumes), but distinguished by a (much) smaller load area. The typical hatchback roof rakes down steeply behind the C-Pillar, resulting in very little car length behind the rear wheels and thus no room for a side window over the load area. Alternatively, cars with a longer rear end need a much more slanted rear window — a style also known as a liftback. Liftbacks are sedan-size cars with a fastback profile and a hatchback-type tailgate.
[/quote]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts