Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside Line is reporting that the new, RWD coupe being developed by Subaru and Toyota will only be sold as a Subaru in markets outside of Japan, while the Toyota version will remain exclusive to the Land of the Rising Sun. The report goes on to say that the coupe will be based off the Subaru Impreza (despite Toyota/Subaru's own press release saying that it's an "all-new" platform) and that power will be provided by a naturally aspirated, 2.0-liter boxer engine producing 220 hp at 6,500 rpm.

Toyota and Subaru are using the Integra Type-R as the performance benchmark for the new coupe, with a 103-inch wheelbase, a 2+2 seating layout and a curb weight of 2,866 pounds. As reported before, the coupe will debut in 2011 and pricing is expected to begin just south of $20,000.

Autoblog.com

Inside Line

i'd hit it !

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not bad!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
wasn't it supossed to be offered as an AWD too?, yet it's soooooo nioce

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
This car is totally cool. Might be in time for us to trade in our 08's haha.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't understand why people are excited about this. Sounds like a WRX without much of the stuff that makes the WRX so special.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thats why I said nothing about it.

I am just completely uninterested in a rear wheel drive anything living in the snow belt.

edit on the typo

·
Registered
75 Posts
I read in one site that it will be available in two variants, the N/A RWD and the 2.5l turbocharged AWD. Enough time to save up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
meh...still so much left unconfirmed to get too excited.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I read in one site that it will be available in two variants, the N/A RWD and the 2.5l turbocharged AWD. Enough time to save up.
I heard that too. And that latter choice is the one I'm saving up for and will turn in my '08 for :-D

·
Registered
988 Posts
Damn it's sexy

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
NA FR is still a must have for me and I've been waiting for this. However from what I hear wont be out for some time as they are on a new project "chill" because of the current economy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hello. I've been searching the internet for info on the Toyota-Subaru sports coupe since they announced co-development, and I believe the silver car pictured above is simply a photochopped '08 STI, not indicative of the upcoming Subaru coupe. There are a couple other pics on the web, like the orange car on this thread's first page and a bluish colored Toyota picture (see below), but I doubt either one is accurate. It's too early to tell right now, but I can understand enthusiasts rendering what the car might look like or what they want it to look like.

BTW, last I heard is that Toyota might market the car in the US under the Scion brand as a replacement for the aging tC. Could be a smart move for the Scion brand, along with bringing over the iQ microcar as a Smart ForTwo fighter.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not feeling the blue one.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I likey the blue.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I'd much rather see this car sold under the scion or toyota brand than subaru. IMO non-awd cars sold with the subaru nameplate only take subaru one step closer to making primarily FWD cars like a lot of other manufacturers have resorted to for the sake of the quick buck.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts