403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Are we sure this motor has been given a go to come stateside? I know they keep saying the legacy is coming, but California still stands in their way...

I'd love to see these things...fo' sho'.

joneSi

·
Registered
954 Posts
i want a diesel impreza soooo bad. throw a chip and big exhaust on that thing and you'll be pushin 350+lb ft. sick!!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Diesel Subaru Impreza Delayed

"The long-awaited diesel Subaru Impreza UK launch has been delayed indefinitely due to the yen exchange rate, which hit its highest level in 13 years last Wednesday.

"Sources inside International Motors, Subaru’s official UK importer, admitted that the company had no choice but to delay the vital diesel model until the Yen rate drops.

"Subaru is not the only company suffering as a result of the poor exchange rate. Takeo Fukui, Honda’s chief executive, called on the Japanese government to ‘move a bit more swiftly’ to stabilise the Yen after the company announced that it could make a second-half loss. Toyota has also posted its first operating loss since 1941."

Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Subaru-Impreza/236736/

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am so going to get a Diesel STi if the release on. You can get so much power out of a Diesel. I can not wait. I just have to not do any more mods to my car so I can sell it later and get a new STi.

Also wondering how will this convert over to Bio? I have read the new Lotus can have 3 different engine tunes from factory. Regular gas(stock), biodiesel( I think adds 100+HP) and cant remember the last. So I wonder how the power will be if converted over? I am confused how this works but they talked about on top gear when they reviewed the car. I will try to find more.

·
Registered
192 Posts
They added the impreza.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Both of them only have 258ft/lb tq. Not bad. The sport model just looks like it combines the differentiation between the 2.5i and wrx, as well as the base/premium model. Bigger wheels, aero kit, sun roof. I would guess maybe brakes or something and a tighter suspension are possible differences as well.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
One thing I am confused by is the 5mt on the legacy/outback line, but the 6mt on the forester and impreza lines.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am thinking I am going to get on the waiting list for the sport impreza when they start one. After I test the suspension and see how it handles I think I may get one. I would love to comvert it over to Bio-Diesel, I am going to start reading more on diesel engines. I had a friend take a stock truck got a tune for it, no exhaust or anything and got 80hp and I think around 70torque.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts