Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiousity, How reliable is the current generation of Subaru WRX? I'm planning to get 2021 WRX but before I commit into something, I want to know the problems might occur in future just to be aware of. (on stock car) Just curious on stock car first because I am member of some car groups but when they talked about WRX, they always say ring failure, blown headgasket and many more. Maybe they're just haters because they can't beat this car. 馃ぃ

I will for sure modify the appearance of the car but I'm 50/50 on performance wise ( I always tell myself not to do it, but I always do it 馃槈)

Registered
95 usdm hardtop supra (new project) 93 jdm hardtop supra (traded for 93 single fd) 88 supra 7mgte
curious about the 2021 myself but may buy an older model or just wait to see how the 2022's. maybe someone who has a 21 will chime in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
curious about the 2021 myself but may buy an older model or just wait to see how the 2022's. maybe someone who has a 21 will chime in.
hopefully sir. The only reason why I will biy a 2021 is becauae this is the last generation of this car and I can definitely get one for a steal. Because many people will just wait for the new generation and I will wait for them to almost bargain this car.

Registered
95 usdm hardtop supra (new project) 93 jdm hardtop supra (traded for 93 single fd) 88 supra 7mgte
hopefully sir. The only reason why I will biy a 2021 is becauae this is the last generation of this car and I can definitely get one for a steal. Because many people will just wait for the new generation and I will wait for them to almost bargain this car.
i dont think the price would drop that much on a 21 when the 22 drops. heck, just look at the prices of wrx's that are 3, 5 or even 10 yrs old. they def hold their value. in my mind, im better off buying brand new if there is only a 2-3k price difference. id at least have a warranty and know how the cars been treated.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think the price would drop that much on a 21 when the 22 drops. heck, just look at the prices of wrx's that are 3, 5 or even 10 yrs old. they def hold their value. in my mind, im better off buying brand new if there is only a 2-3k price difference. id at least have a warranty and know how the cars been treated.
I'm just thinking between high 25s or 27k for the car. Because right now in California, I can buy it for 27800 right now but I am not planning to buy soon. Because I'm kind of considering Mustang Ecoboost as well. But I will try to learn both cars so that to whichever car I bought, I won't regret it and it should fit my needs as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts