Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is some pics of my 2008 OBP Subaru wrx.
My car has 4,500 MILES on it, here it is after a wash.. now, the rear panels infront of the rear tires are so sandblasted they look grey. For comparison, my brother is driving a maroon VW passat with 120,000 miles on it..with beefy ass winter tires and there is NO rockchips on the panels.
I also have a pin sized rust spot on my trunk..no idea where that came from!

this is BS. My car is a few months old and it already is this bad...I can't imagine what it will look like in 5 years...i'm contacting SOA

·
Registered
752 Posts
wow, that's crazy. i am going to examine my car as soon as the weather clears up.

let us know what SOA says.

·
Registered
382 Posts
There are some complaints on nasioc as well. I know my paint on the front hood is severely chipped already, but have not experienced what you have. Clearly the paint on these cars is nicht so gut. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a huge chip on the top of my hood and chips all along the edge of the hood...anyone think this is something the dealership will fix?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have lil dings all in my paint but my dealership is going to fix it thank god.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
its it me or so far the side chip seem to affect more the dark gray

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey guys here is some pics of my 2008 OBP Subaru wrx.
My car has 4,500 MILES on it, here it is after a wash.. now, the rear panels infront of the rear tires are so sandblasted they look grey. For comparison, my brother is driving a maroon VW passat with 120,000 miles on it..with beefy ass winter tires and there is NO rockchips on the panels.
I also have a pin sized rust spot on my trunk..no idea where that came from!
this is BS. My car is a few months old and it already is this bad...I can't imagine what it will look like in 5 years...i'm contacting SOA
I'm pretty sure warranty covers this til 35k miles.

·
Registered
142 Posts
DAmn! this paint is super thin! i debaged the rear today using my heat gun and plastic clip tool just from the letters coming in contact with the paint it went down to the primer!!! with the adhesive heated the letters almost fell of it really took no effort and the paint is jacked now gonna have to put the badges back on or do some mircle work with some touch up paint...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I too have had trouble. When I bought my car i opted for the 3m clear bra although 2x as expensive as any other car i have ever had it on my experinece in alaska is that it is a must have. So the day i bought my car I asked the dealer if i needed to leave the car there to have the product put on or could I take it. They said I could take it. The 4 days and 200 miles that I had the car we had 40 degree weather that caused all of the snow to melt and turn the roads into rock fields. The day I took my car in they called me around 3pm ( the time it was supposed to be done) to tell me that after washing my car they noticed some rock chips so i should come down and look at it before they put the 3m over it. When I got there i was amazed. The entire lower valance and front bumper was more white then grey. It looked like your pictures. There were numerous large rock chips in the hood and on the roof. After many hours of talking with the management at the dealership they agreed that this was unacceptable and paid to have my entire front end and roof painted at there expense. The car looks great now and with after market paint and clear coat the paint seems to be holding up where there is no 3m. I have 2,500 miles on the car know. I think there are issues with subarus paint on this vehicle. I have put over 400,000 miles on vehicles in Alaska and never have i seen paint chip as easily as this. If you plan on writting subaru about this and you need more people to testify let me know and I to willl write a letter and have my dealership write one as well, I am sure they would love to have the 2,500 dollars back they spent to fix my car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i got chips of paint by the rear doors too...thought it was just a problem wit only my car. has anyone contacted SOA bout this? maybe ill bring it to the dealer this saturday. and also that tape (or whatever it is) that runs up from the bottom of the rear side skirts up the quater panel a little is starting to peel and turn brown.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
wait so far all of you who got it dont have premium sideskirt ? is there people with sideskirt having it also

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
hey you think that's bad... I have little chips ALL OVER the hood and fenders as well as the rear fender/door area

AND

my fender liner ripped out for no good reason while I was driving on the freeway (dry, clear weather) and bent a tab that holds it in place (wtf?) which chipped off all of the paint about the size of a clenched fist

AND

the two subaru dealers in town are run by assholes and so far out of the 5 or so problems I've had they've refused to fix every single one. I'm contacting SOA as well... the paint isn't the only issue I've had.

Customer Service: 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (EST) Monday through Thursday
10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (EST) Friday

Written correspondence can be sent to:

Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru Plaza
P.O. Box 6000
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000
Attn: Customer/Dealer Services

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Just hit 11,000 couple days ago. My hood, Bumper, and sides are chipped like no other. Even with the skirts. Sad part is, they are down to the bare metal. I also have 2 rusted spots on the hatch. One near where my tail light was broken and can't think of where other is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have 900 nad change i i have to mysterious chips in my front fender near the seam where the bumper meets the fender very un happy, and on top of that a 18 wheeler threw a piece of asphalt at my fender... nice dent/scratch.. not happy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have 4 or 5 chips in the same spot (where the bumper meets the fender)

seems weird that a rock would hit exactly there... maybe it's just a weaker spot in the paint.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow! It seems that Subaru really screwed up with the paint. I've looked at my car, but I haven't noticed any chips yet. My car is silver and it's a little more difficult to notice any chips so I'll have to get my car washed to get a better look. I've been thinking about getting mud flaps too.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have 4 or 5 chips in the same spot (where the bumper meets the fender)

seems weird that a rock would hit exactly there... maybe it's just a weaker spot in the paint.
I got a nasty one there.... I had some touch up paint from when I had a SSM Honda Civic so the paint is very similar.

1 - 20 of 323 Posts