Subaru WRX Forums banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
speed density is now setup!! the car is running on 20psi (wastegate) and will be tuned on the dyno for meth VERY SOON (before WBM). fingers crossed for 500+ with no problems! here's a couple pics of my new 4" intake. love the new setup btw. much less lag with speed density.... and the 6spd rocks! ill get some better pics with my camera and load them up when i load up my dyno runs/chart.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
ok, thanks!
no problem. also, idk if you know already but its tuned thru COBB AP. i went and picked one up a couple months ago.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
no problem. also, idk if you know already but its tuned thru COBB AP. i went and picked one up a couple months ago.
i assumed as most aren't tinkering with the OS SD stuff and the cobb is well supported and popular. i went SD about a year ago and it was a great tuning move. driveability, very controlled idle and day to day driving is a joy then when you need to open her up, all hell opens. very jekyll and hyde.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
i assumed as most aren't tinkering with the OS SD stuff and the cobb is well supported and popular. i went SD about a year ago and it was a great tuning move. driveability, very controlled idle and day to day driving is a joy then when you need to open her up, all hell opens. very jekyll and hyde.
i cant believe how much smoother the car runs now. The car is much more "touchy" now too. Everything is more responsive from the throttle to my bov. I still get lag with my 35r which isnt a problem, but now on SD i feel less lag and boy does she rip on wastegate. cant wait for my meth tune! we are dumping the old meth out and going to refill with fresh meth/water (75/25) monday and probably get her on the dyno for thursday, or friday. maybe ill see you at WBM?

oh btw, my 4 puck unsprung clutch works great with the stock sti flywheel! its VERY aggressive but once you get the hang of it, it chatters less then my 6 puck sprung did! believe you were the one who wanted to know how the setup was?

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
i cant believe how much smoother the car runs now. The car is much more "touchy" now too. Everything is more responsive from the throttle to my bov. I still get lag with my 35r which isnt a problem, but now on SD i feel less lag and boy does she rip on wastegate. cant wait for my meth tune! we are dumping the old meth out and going to refill with fresh meth/water (75/25) monday and probably get her on the dyno for thursday, or friday. maybe ill see you at WBM?

oh btw, my 4 puck unsprung clutch works great with the stock sti flywheel! its VERY aggressive but once you get the hang of it, it chatters less then my 6 puck sprung did! believe you were the one who wanted to know how the setup was?
i won't be at WBM as i'll be at OCAWD that weekend. i don't know why they insist on making two of some of the largest meets for subarus on the same day but oh wells! glad to hear you are getting the hang of the 4-puck. that's not an easy setup but with some high revving in 1st, i'm sure it'll only get easier. there are a couple threads on here on modifications you can do to make it even a simpler setup to control. search for them by eric (eminehart).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
that's great - they are so strict here in MD although i'm going to take my chances when i go with the new front end. be sure to post up some photos of your car at WBM
ill def be posting up some pics.

I think you'll be fine with no front plate.......that beautiful front end is going to take alot of attention and no one is even going to notice there being as plate missing!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
got tuned today!! made 570whp but failed to capture that pull on camera. heres the next best pull i did capture! pulls were done in 4th @ 31psi with a methanol water mixture 75/25

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Wow, that's fantastic^^^

I literally backed away from my screen when you went into full boost and the motor started twisting the mounts. I was afraid it would come through the screen at me:) I can only imagine what it's like on the street.

Cheers!
haha thanks man :)....everyone tells me to upgrade my mounts lol. there brand new group N's lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
heres some shots i found of wicked innovation's lineup at WBM and of my car. i havent uploaded my shots yet so there will be plenty more to come.....

these shots ARENT mine and i would deff give credit to the owners, but i dont know them. im mainly concerned of the non-watermarked pic......if this is your shot, just let me know if u want me to take it down or keep it up with an edited credit :). i know photographers cherish there photo's so i dont want to be that guy that doesnt give them credit.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts