Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, For all those experienced WRX owners what are your suggestions to break-in a new WRX? Asked the dealer and he gave me drive it like you stole it, which I thought was silly. I looked at the manual and did see any suggestions in my quick glance through it. But it did have shift mph per gear which I've used. The clutch and gear throws with the short shifter feels good and fairly natural. I'm working on my rev matching technique as it's been several years since I've owned a manual car but it comes back quick. Also, I'm liking the anti roll feature it has even though I'm very familiar on how to prevent roll with manual trans on hills.

Even with the stock exhaust it has a nice little grunt sound. The interior is very cheap looking but the sound and feel of the car makes up for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stuck with what the manual said. There should be snipit regarding break in, but just keep RPMs below I believe it was 4k? Vary engine speed and try not to cruise at the same RPM for too long. All within the first 1k miles. After that you're free to drive it however you want. During my break in I did let it go past 4k but only for short bursts, and engine has held up perfectly fine. I'm currently at 70k miles.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
from day one ive just driven mine. its never had an issue and uses no oil in nearly 6 years, 60k miles and alot of mods. dont sweat the break in too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I broke my 15' WRX the way way I have broken every new car I've bought over the last 42 years. I drove it like I stole it! 30K miles and still getting 35 mpg at 70mph :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts