Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
if the car can handle it, then yes.

it'd make much less sense to have a supercharger mounted on a non-NA car ;)
haha tell that to volks TSI technology. It works really well!
I agree with pehon. A supercharger and a turbo compliment each other perfectly. Some aircraft applications utilize both for the best mix of power.

·
Registered
298 Posts
vw's tsi stuff is hardly throwing a supercharger on a non-NA car. ;) a standard non-NA vehicle will not benefit from both a supercharger and another sc or tc. haha.

i have heard of cars with a factory supercharger adding a turbo (i.e. grand prix gtp), but they block off the supercharger because it wouldn't work with a big turbo.

·
Registered
421 Posts
vw's tsi stuff is hardly throwing a supercharger on a non-NA car. ;) a standard non-NA vehicle will not benefit from both a supercharger and another sc or tc. haha.

i have heard of cars with a factory supercharger adding a turbo (i.e. grand prix gtp), but they block off the supercharger because it wouldn't work with a big turbo.
yeah definitely not on a stock NA car. =)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
To convert to a belt driven supercharger for an NA car is not all that complicated...exhaust remains an NA exhaust (header, cat, midpipe, muffler)...You only need to get a custom made crank pulley to house an extra belt for the supercharger.

Once you take care of that, you just need engine management to control boost, AFR, spark, and timing.

You may need slightly colder spark plugs (maybe not), an upgraded fuel pump, etc...basically the same things as a bolt-on turbo kit, but not as much necessarily.

Although I'd rather have a turbo kit on an NA car...supercharger helps alot with low to mid power...which you have plenty of in an subaru NA car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You Guys mentioned that the supercharger compliments the turbo. do they make a supercharger for the 08 WRX?
no, that wouldn't help anything.

nitrous on the other hand can compliment a big turbo if you get it set up right. nitrous in the lower rpms until the turbo spools then cut the nitrous. the wrx hardly has a big enough turbo to try to do anything like that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
A supercharger compliments the turbo by producing boost in the low end where the turbo won't produce a boost until it is spooling at higher RPMS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a friend of mines that can give me a vortec supercharger. i wanted to no should i put it on if its possible or dnt put it on.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i wouldnt bother tryin it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Y? too much work or its not worth it im trying to be different. its a vortc supercharger from my friend V8 Mustang would it even fit on my car?

·
Registered
954 Posts
trying to be different is cool, i wish someone would make a roots style blower for the n/a cars, its just going to be alot of headaches

·
Registered
298 Posts
okay.. here's some of the reasons why you shouldn't..
1) superchargers and turbochargers don't work well together unless they're specifically designed to (a wrx turbo with a mustang supercharger clearly aren't designed to work together)
2) a mustang designed supercharged isn't going to fit at all on a wrx, you would need custom everything. custom piping, custom brackets, custom pulleys, etc etc. you'd probably need $6-10k in custom work to make it fit
3) even with all that work, it probably will not fit
4) tuning is going to suck..
5) trying to be different is cool, but only if your car actually runs and works which this won't

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
This is a pipe dream at best. If you are serious about wanting more power, turbo kit or WRX/STI swap. A supercharger sounds simple, but it's not quite as cut and dry as you think. There would be a lot of custom work involved. Bottom line, don't bother.

·
Registered
954 Posts
not really a pipe dream, only a pipe dream to put a mustang supercharger on. google search raptor superchargers. there is a place in AU that builds them for n/a imprezas

1 - 20 of 27 Posts