Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all i have chaged is the filter to a K&N... when i accelerate in first or second when boost comes on the car will kinda stutter around 3000-3500 rpm is this due to the filter or is this just how the car is. 08 wrx...

·
Registered
77 Posts
most of the turbo subaru's, regardless of year, have a stutter in that area. We have never been given an official reason, but we figure it has something to do with emissions. I always went with a COBB AP for my modding and even at stage 1, the stutter would be gone.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
huh that sucks never owned a car that was'nt smooth stock i was usually the one that induced the problems

·
Registered
11 Posts
i noticed the same thing after fitting the CAI to rex felt like it wasnt as torqey and stuttered in 3rd n that higher up in the revs so i removed it and will not be fitting it until i get verso tuned along with the exhaust just incase it may cause damage

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the same thing in that RPM range usually in 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear too. It is something people in the car don't notice but I do. Just something I have learned to live with. I will be getting an AP in a few months then hopefully it will go away.

Seth

·
Registered
421 Posts
here's my story. It might turn out true for you.

I sent my car for tuning a few days back.

I told the tuner i can feel several flat spots as i'm accelerating up the RPM. So the tuner tried.

It seemed that my engine was "knocking", and the ECU was compensating, hence the flat spots.

In addition to that, my car was running extremely lean, especially whan engine load is high (even with a stock ECU). This is cause the stock pump was insufficient to supply enough fuel during acceleration to the engine.

Hence my car's stuck at the workshop now getting fuel pumps and regulators. Injectors are not required as they're already 500cc

Maybe you should go get a tuner's opinion.

Knocking and running lean are extremely dangerous situations, and should be fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the studder has almost disappered with the stock panel in. pulled the ecu fuse to reset drove a 100 miles and it runs alot better seems to have more power???

·
Registered
700 Posts
i had the same problem and still do but noticed it more with a CAI so i reset the ecu and it stopped doing that while the ecu was recycling but once the ecu was good it did it again. i need an AP. anyone wanna donate some cash to the Get Eric an AP foundation? lol j/k

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have found that all/most WRX's (and essentially all turbo Subaru vehicles) have the power delivery like you described.....I know mine have. I have to say, I did a DIY grounded kit and it made a very positive difference (to my surprise - I was just bored one day......). My catback also seemed to help a little.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Mine stutters sometimes but only when it's cold. After a few minutes of driving it smoothes out completely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts