Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a set of sway bars soon and im debating between two things. Size and brand. Should i go 25/22 or 22/19. Perrin or RalliTek?

Im not getting endlinks and i do daily driving but i love going on twisty mountain roads and taking corners pretty fast and the body roll kills. Any ideas or opinions?

2008 Wrx Hatch

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have been wondering why dont people get the COBB sways? I have them and love them.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I would go Whiteline...ask WRX_Cop why not Perrin LOLz

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Should i go 25/22 or 22/19. Perrin or RalliTek?

Im not getting endlinks and i do daily driving but i love going on twisty mountain roads and taking corners pretty fast and the body roll kills. Any ideas or opinions?
might want to reconsider endlinks.

I have been wondering why dont people get the COBB sways? I have them and love them.
isnt the Cobb rear bar 3 pieces?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes it is one straight bar with the two end pieces that connect to the endlinks. I have never had any problem with it though. Just tighten everything up good and no worries.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how would endlinks really benefit me, i thought they werent really essential? and ill probably go rallitek

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
how would endlinks really benefit me, i thought they werent really essential? and ill probably go rallitek
well, a couple of reasons.... and yes, they are not essential from the description of your driving. The OEM endlinks arent that great. I guess perhaps for the Rallitek (not race) bars it's ok to go w/ OE endlinks. The OE endlinks are also a bit squishy so you dont get full benefits w/ the OEM endlinks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
for just a DD 22/22 or 22/20 adj. bars from whiteline.
if you wanted to save a bit just do the rear links but you really dont need to if its just for spirited driving on the street.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Whiteline AND aftermarket endlinks (MSI looks preeettty sturdy). .. though havent changed them... just waiting for my present oem set to go pfffft.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm going to go on a killing spree the next time I see a post about someone even considering Perrin anything. Wait till July and buy the rallitek track bars. They are oem design but beefed up to 25/22. You need endlinks. Go with group a's or rallitek. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN STAY THE F__K AWAY FROM ANYTHING PERRIN.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I'm kind of with you. They have had fitment issues pretty reliably for YEARS. Usually it was minor, but even on the 08+'s there were fitment issues documented over a year ago when they still a new product for the 08's. I ordered a set way back when, and immediately sent them back. I just don't understand why someone would want to pay an equivalent amount of money for a inferior product. I mean even if the defects are unlikely to cause a problem I'd still want the set that was properly designed for the car rather than eyeballed.

I've been preaching the anti-perrin suspension gospel for a while. I'm kind of glad that WRXCop's endlinks died for our sins (multiple times). Maybe now people will pay attention, especially since he's been quite fervent and vocal in his hatred of perrin.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have ralliteks front and rear and for the price, come on, you cant beat them! They are a very nice product and no problems even with the stock endlinks. I do have a Perrin topmount i/c,and catch can and have had no issues, so i cant bash them.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Not to get all NAZIOCISH but this topic has been covered in depth on many previous occasions. The general consensus is RalliTek's are fantasitic and perrin you may risk fitment issues. Whiteline seem good as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not to get all NAZIOCISH but this topic has been covered in depth on many previous occasions. The general consensus is RalliTek's are fantasitic and perrin you may risk fitment issues. Whiteline seem good as well.
I had this same question about a week ago as I was trying to get a plan together and your post really helped me make my decision. I was going to go with a set from Whiteline but how can you beat that deal from Rallitek that includes the front and rear end links. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to get a set of sway bars soon and im debating between two things. Size and brand. Should i go 25/22 or 22/19. Perrin or RalliTek?

2008 Wrx Hatch
25 are the way to go .I would suggest end links [not adjustable /can fail]
Do you like uder steer or over steer ? 25/22 understeer . I have 25 /24 NO
problems
Good luck from subaru mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts