Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just put my whiteline's on my non turbo and its rattling against the exhaust pretty hard. i remoevd the heat shield hoping that would help and it stopped it a small amount, but still rattles. anyone else run into this problem and if so, any fixes? this really pisses me off and i would like my car to go back to being quiet

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Pmed you, but for the benefit of others:

You need to modify your cat section:

I took my car to a local custom shop and they used a pipe bender to slightly flatten the section of the cat section that was impacting the sway.

Problem fixed. It does not impact the flow to the cat as it is such a minute change. It just gives you more clearance. I think it cost me $30 or something...So i basically just paid for their time.

The heat shield for the cat is divided into at least three sections, I only removed one heat shield section and have had no problems with the absence of the heat shield.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you have questions.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok heres what i did. . . i put the bar on, took it for a drive and felt the rattling. took the heatshield off, still felt th rattling. it rattles just enough to make a small mark on the exhaust pipe. i removed the exhaust pipe, heated up the area with a torch where it was marked from the sway bar, tapped it down with a hammer a small bit, than i took the heat shield and cut out a 3x3 square in the area where the sway bar would hit in, bolted it back up, and i now have about a 1/2" clearance inbetween the bar and exhaust which is about factory. i figured i got about 1/4" clearance from flattening out the pipe and another 1/4" from cutting out the hole in the heatshield. crisis avoided! thanks rallyshark for your quick pm response and if anyone else has this problem, feel free to pm me if you need anymore info. on another note the car handles like crazy now!!!! if you have stock sways on your car, i suggest you change them out asap!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol im sooo glad i got rid of the RE92's, they were horrible. i got toyo proxy 4's now which do an excellent job in all conditions

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to reza dead thread,

im having trouble finding a matching pair of sways front/back

What brands are you guys using?

has anyone upgraded the fronts? i have not been able to find any vendors that say they support the 08+ 2.5 n/a

my front is only a 19mm so im having trouble finding a matching rear that is <= 19 mm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to reza dead thread,

im having trouble finding a matching pair of sways front/back

What brands are you guys using?

has anyone upgraded the fronts? i have not been able to find any vendors that say they support the 08+ 2.5 n/a

my front is only a 19mm so im having trouble finding a matching rear that is

Rallitek used to make front sway bar for 08+ 2.5i (N/A) but they stopped making it. :'(

According to Whiteline's website, they do make front sway bar for 08+ 2.5i (22mm non-adjustable) but nobody confirms it.
http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=BSF35Z

You can always get rear sway bar from 08 WRX (15mm), 09+ WRX (16mm), 08+ STi (18mm), or 10 STi SE (19mm).

·
Registered
173 Posts
I added the rear 16mm and got it from FREAD BEAN parts and came with all the hardware.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ended up with rallietek n/a 21/19 front/rear kit. It came with every thing and for only 320 shipped its a bargin compaired to white line or perrin. The quality is great, great customer support

1 - 12 of 12 Posts