Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for either a black or blue sway bar setup (front + rear) for my Rex. Anyone have experience on either of these setups they would like to share?

Rallitek currently has there's on sale:
http://rallitek.com/rafrreswbars.html

With Cobb coming in quite a bit higher:
http://cobbtuning.com/products/?id=4132

The Cobb does offer the benefit of adjustment. It's also just stiffer (apparently) from the get go.

So those with Rallitek, are you happy with the setup? Does it feel stiff enough for your tastes?
Cobb drivers, anyone feel it's too stiff?

Thanks for the thoughts,
Jeff

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the Rallitek sways. I however, am not impressed. When I took the bushings off to fix the problem of the end locks hitting the chassis, I noticed the ends had bent at the bushings. I only drive my car as a daily driver and don't really hit big enough bumps to bend what is supposedly 4130 chromoly steel. so, I'm not really happy with them. And no, they are not stiff enough for me. Not only are Cobb's larger in diameter, they appear to have a very nice adjuster. BTW, and I'm not ripping on Rallitek, the bushings supplied are junk so, I upgraded with energy suspensions. Better, but I'd like to try a nicer sway.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You should look into Whitelines. I have Perrins and pretty much happy with them.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have the RalliTEK sways. No problems with bending or hitting the chasis. Not sure how that could happen. Maybe because I have stock end links? Car stays much flatter and is a great daily driver. Adjustability might be nice, but I'm very happy so far. Note I also have STi springs if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Question for Syndrome of the down:

I would like to replace my Rallitek sway bar bushings with Energy Suspension bushings also. Do you have the Energy Suspension part numbers (front and/or rear) or the bushing's dimensions?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have a 22mm perrin front and 19mm perrin rear, very happy with them. I have it on full stiff on the front (they are adjustable) and the rear on the middle setting, very neutral handling. handles really well even with the stock RE92s.

I also have STI pink springs and front tower brace which helps with handling. But the difference between stock sways and perrin front and rears is night and day.

They are stiff, but not too stiff for daily driving or my infant daughter in the back seat. :)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
energysuspension bushings are sold at autozone and advance auto parts. they make them in sizes for any bar. so if your bar is 22mm just go buy the 22mm set.

I'd also recommend getting a grease gun with the fitting and some greengrease to grease them up (greengrease is very resistant to water/weather/heat)

I'm probably going to buy the rallitek bars eventually. the stock setup is "OK" for me, I would just like something a LITTLE stiffer.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I have whitelines and like them a lot. About the same size as the rallytek bars. I would look for a set of bushed endlinks (like group a) rather than those with spherical bearings though. The only downfall of my setup is the slightly noisy and unforgiving nature of the whiteline endlinks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys. My other car is a Focus with an SVT setup which I just love to drive, so I'm not afraid of having to spend a little more for a good setup.

I like the Perrin stuff, however really would prefer a blue of black bars, and last I checked they only offered Red. Ultimately I'll chose the bars that meet my driving desires, but I'm aiming to do it within my color scheme. ;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I guess you will have to go with Cobb or paint the Perrin gear.

·
Registered
988 Posts
he might have this as his show car.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
so paint them? lol

personally if one bar is a better deal I could care less what color it is. spray paint is $5.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
engine enamel and clear coat should work. costs as much as spray paint.
I've tried that in the past, lasted about 2 years and then began to flake off. If you were to go this route you would need to first remove the old paint if you stood any chance at it lasting through salty winters. Since I don't own a sand blaster, I'm not really looking into that level of work when I could just order the color I want.

The car is not a show car, but you can easily see a bright red rear bar from behind the car, thus my avoidance of the red.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope, just want the bars to match my going color scheme. Since the car is blue, I want it to be blue or black. I don't like blue/red combo's, its just a personal preference.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I installed the Perrin bar on WR WRX Prem. and you can not see the red from behind unless you are on a hill. I don't know if you can see the swaybars on the base wrx from the rear.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts