Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went into my local suby dealership to get rebalanced... Hit a big pot hole... So I go in and they ask me how i felt about lowering my car. I said I had been thinking about it in the future. So they told me I could do it now for FREEEEE!!!!! So naturally my answer is ok. They hooked me up with Swift Sport Springs that arnt even out yet and lemme tell you what. HUGE difference. The Drop is only about a inch but it handles so much better now. Ill get some pics up for you guys. So if your thinking about some new springs wait for the Swifts. They are sweet.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i heard a few good things bout swift.. you should be all good with them

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the ran is going to stop tomorrow so ill dust off the camera and snap a few for everybody.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sorry I only got the after. But the springs dropped it about an inch and defintaly stiffened the ride =)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow! Yeah, that looks good!

Can you give us more details about the ride and handling compared to the stock springs? Sure, the car sits lower and feels stiffer. Does the car rotate easier (rear end slides out ), does it push, or is it neutral in handling? What about ride quality - is the ride still comfy or do you feel like you're riding in a gokart?

And are the Swift springs progressive rate or fixed rate?

Congrats on the springs and thanks for helping the performance industry for our cars.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Looks good!! Closed up the gap nice!! If thats socalmikes car "Drive it like u stole it" ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Ride Quality is still there... Its a little ruffer but its nothing like coilovers. The stock camry bouncy is gone. It levels out alot fast now. The body roll is pretty much gone except at higher speeds 80+ into corners. The car seems to pull a lil more so you have to be a lil light on the wheel when driving because if you move the wheel a lil itll take it and go with it. I dont know the actual specs of the springs or anything technical, thats not my field hahaha. All I know is the car handles a thousand times better and, looks a thousand times better too! And it still doesnt kill your back over a long hard ride. I havnt heard back from swift on when they are going to be on the market. But when I will let you know. Oh and one more thing, the guy that made the springs said they shouldnt wear about the stock struts any faster then the stock springs. Any other questions feel free to ask and ill get some under carrage pics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanx I like it alot better now. Im gonna post some more pics in the photo gallery section. So you can see more yay!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am looking for springs as well... waiting for the tanabe gf210 as i had them on MY06... @ the main time i am also looking to see what other brands are available... heard alot of good stuff about swift springs... but would like to know a more detailed spec like the spring rate and the drop... your car looks sweet with the drop btw!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going into the dealer tomorrow to get my deck looked at i think i blew the stock amp ??? Ill find out what the spring rate is... and the drop is a inch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
emailed swift... the springs will come out in 2 months!! the drop is 0.75" all around. The front spring rates are 182lbs and The rear spring rates are 170lbs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
emailed swift... the springs will come out in 2 months!! the drop is 0.75" all around. The front spring rates are 182lbs and The rear spring rates are 170lbs.
Sucky; this is exactly the drop I wanted. I bought the Cobbs and I'm afraid they may end up being too low.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts