Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on a Synapse Diverter Valve this afternoon and was trying to get some opinions on how to install it. When I searched, I found threads on the Synapse BOV, but this is different. Is anyone else running this on their 2008+ WRX? Diverter Valve | Bov | smallest, lightest, fastest blow off valve on the market.

The diverter valve can be set up in a lot of different configurations, and I'm not sure what would be best. Does anyone have any recommendations? Here is the tuning manual that sort of explains the different configuration. http://www.synapseengineering.com/support/faq/pdf/DV_manual_webres.pdf

Should it be installed in push or pull orientation? Which port combination?

Thanks in advance for the help. I will take some pictures and post some reviews once it is installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you read through my post enough.

I did NOT get the Synapse BOV like the one in the link you posted. I got the Synapse DV. I put a link to the product in my first post.

Anyways, I got it installed over the weekend and will post pictures and review soon. Overall, it's a great product.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
did the same suggestions and install per eric, not work? if not, can you post up how your solution differs so that someone else with the same question will have the correct method of installation on our vehicles?

i know some folks had received a two-port BOV and some a three-port; is the diverter valve you received two-port?

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I know this is an old post but I'm having the same issues. The flange seal from the stock TMIC is oval and the flange from the kit is circular. It doesn't look to be able to seal and Synapse has no other flanges that have a seal that isn't circular.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I was a little disappointed that the two flanges do not match up. I just went to the local auto parts store and bought some RTV silicone gasket maker and put that between the two flanges. It worked perfect. Make sure you let it dry completely before you drive the car so that you get a good seal.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Yeah, I was a little disappointed that the two flanges do not match up. I just went to the local auto parts store and bought some RTV silicone gasket maker and put that between the two flanges. It worked perfect. Make sure you let it dry completely before you drive the car so that you get a good seal.
Thats exactly what Eric had suggested, just wanted to see if anybody else tried that. Thanks! Oh btw, did you try using the supplied flanges on the oval tmic flanges before you realized it would leak?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I didn't try it with no gasket. I just looked at it and thought to myself that there was no way a metal flange sitting right on top of a plastic flange will make a good seal without a gasket, so that's when i went and got the RTV silicone stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
No, I didn't try it with no gasket. I just looked at it and thought to myself that there was no way a metal flange sitting right on top of a plastic flange will make a good seal without a gasket, so that's when i went and got the RTV silicone stuff.
Haha sorry about that, I meant trying to use the RTV silicone. It worked? And yes I totally agree, the plastic and metal flanges was piss poor R&D on their end. I don't believe even their BOV can work without leaks as is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts