Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So bluebatmobile says if we can get 8 people to buy he'll give us 20% off. check them out <a href=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/Subaru%202008%20WRX%20STI%20Overlays/>here</a>. Im pretty sure they will work on any 08 impreza (we all have the same tail lights) even though he has them listed as for the STI. I believe he normally sells them for around $45

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I am game

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hes the only place i could find that makes smoked tail tint with the reverse and turn signals cut out. he doesnt have them pictured but hes emailed me and told me it is possible. plus the rear reflector overlays look SICK!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
These go on the outside I assume?

Anyone have experience with these as far as durability goes? (Do we know what material they are using and its adhesive? 3M, etc.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm interested in the red overlay with cutouts.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
BUMP up, only 4 more peeps to go

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i spoke with a friend of mine who bought his 04 rs with overlays on it and he said they were starting to bubble and peel. could be due to poor maintenance but thought i should let everyone know. im thinking about buying a bit of vinyl and laying it over where i want to leave clear, cutting it out, and just spraying on some VHT niteshade over the rest. then i can peel off the vinyl and it should look about the same as buying the overlays with the cutouts. still up in the air about it all though.

·
Registered
954 Posts
hes the only place i could find that makes smoked tail tint with the reverse and turn signals cut out. he doesnt have them pictured but hes emailed me and told me it is possible. plus the rear reflector overlays look SICK!!!
uh, on the rear reflectors, i just popped mine out and painted them black. it was free and looks great. has held up for almost 20k miles so far. i say go the cheap route on the relfectors

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm interested. Anyone know the where I can find if tinting tail lights are legal [in Ontario]? I couldn't find anything yet...

*Edit:
Any lamp required under subsection (1), (2) or (3) shall, when lighted, be clearly visible at a distance of at least 150 metres from the front or rear

"Highway Traffic Act", http://www.canlii.org/on/laws/sta/h-8/20080421/whole.html

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I'm in as well. However, the fitment must be good. I just bought the Harman Motive tinted taillight overlays and the fitment was horrible!
Damn, that sucks. They charge an arm and a leg for it too. :(

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I'm guessing there's no taillight mods out for the sedans yet huh?
They have the covers, yes thats about all ive seen though

1 - 20 of 32 Posts