Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
You could also buy some window tint film and just tint them yourself. This would allow you to choose exactly how dark you want your tail lights to be. I believe as far as tail light tinting goes, whatever lights are illuminated, they just need to be clearly visible to other drivers.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think it's actually easier to make them yourself. That way, you don't have to worry about if they cut it well, or if their cut is slightly off...

you just do it and trim the excess, no big deal...the install with the outer taillights can be difficult though, definately buy extra material so you can practice a little bit with the heat gun first.

·
Registered
646 Posts
buy a sheet buy a sheet buy a sheet haha...i wasted 65, achually like 80 because harman charges huge amounts to ship stuff...it so hard to get all the edges on the precut kits to work, and youll most likely have gaps unless your like the master of tint. its just my opinion on it, im sure other people have had better success then me but that was my experience

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think it's actually easier to make them yourself. That way, you don't have to worry about if they cut it well, or if their cut is slightly off...

you just do it and trim the excess, no big deal...the install with the outer taillights can be difficult though, definately buy extra material so you can practice a little bit with the heat gun first.
Hey Shark, Any secrects for tinting the outer lens? I should be getting the other roll of tint today, since I messed one lens up :'(. Thanks :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts