Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was in the drive-thru next behind a mitsubishi oulander and i realise that the taillight are similar, both led and clear, but they are dark gray dark chrome kind of background instead of chrome like us.
i think if i do something to my light i want it to look that way cause i prefer darker but i like the way the LED light out in the clear lense (compare with a film on the light)

i didnt really look on the car is such thing is easely possible... so who will be the first one to open-up his tailight :) ?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
That would be a good thing, I like the clear lens, just change out the chrome to dark... We will have to see what comes out on the aftermarket side for that one. Hopefully something soon eh.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
this might also be something to think about doing to the chrome strip on the back -- make it darker chrome to match the dark chrome in the tail lights

·
Registered
954 Posts
this might also be something to think about doing to the chrome strip on the back -- make it darker chrome to match the dark chrome in the tail lights
+1 that chrome strip is ugly. i wish subaru sold a painted strip like they do with the sport grill. iv also thought about just putting a piece of black tinted film over the chrome to make it black chrome. it would be cheap and relatively easy

·
Registered
239 Posts
only thing is the subaru logo is built-in to that chrome strip (at least I think it is on my wrx)
Just can just leave it in place like on the STI ie. cut around the area if using film, or mask if repainting. I will be doing mine very soon.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it would be hard to mask off an oval shape, it's 100% attached/integrated into the chrome strip.

the STi strip has a separated emblem you can remove, so a better option might be to order the STi strip and have it color matched to whatever your car is (the STi comes in different colors than the Impreza or WRX)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the only BAD thing is the new WRX paint is a 3-process paint and may be hard to match since the car is so new and subaru might not be selling the paint separately yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts