Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it and how should it be used for best performance?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming it hinders you in 1/4 mile because of wasted drivetrain power loss going to the front wheels?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it gives you better traction by cutting power

so in situations where you are racing, or you don't want the computer to control traction, turn it off

it does not affect ABS.

·
Registered
519 Posts
From what I read it uses brakes and cuts engine power to help keep you in your intended path.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got a chance to test the car with it turned off and the buttometer felt a bit of a difference. I wonder if when they reviewed these cars for 1/4 mile data if they turned it off or not. I'm gonna hit the drag strip soon but I need to buy a helmet.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My fastest 1/4 mile with it off or on didnt matter to much I didn't want to ruin a brand new clutch or tranny was 14.8 I can't remember the speed off top of my head, but I think around 89 or so. But this was in Vegas they at around 2600 feet. Drags not nearly as fun as auto X can't wait for the season to start. ;)

Seth

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea... Got any advice on where I can get info about auto cross? I don't know the first thing.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yeah... Look in the Inland Empire section and you can find some stuff with Auto X, well it is Rally X, but it looks just as fun. Hehe

·
Registered
519 Posts
The rally X is way fun but it can be rough on paint and wheels as you are in dirt and rocks and such. Auto X is all on pavement. If you go to http://www.scca.com/home.aspx and look for the tab that has find your region and look for your area. They are every where here in the US, and usually race on Sundays. An awesome time and you can get a lot of tips on driving and modding cars there. I haven't done it in a couple of years but this summer I am all over it.

Seth

·
Registered
64 Posts
in my experiences in the snow this season, the TCS is not good to have on. i actually got stuck in my girlfriends driveway for like 15 seconds looking like an asshat cuz i told her i have AWD and i will be fine. then i turned off the TCS and got outta there jus fine.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
IF You read the manuel it clearly said to turn off the VDC/TCS if you are stuck in the snow

·
Registered
190 Posts
I dont know if im on crack or if my car is on crack but whenever i turn the TCS off I see 1psi less in every gear. Its weird. I may be looking to hard into it or it may be just a coincidence. Doesnt really bother me just seeing if anyone else noticed this. TCS is nice but i love a huge AWD launch without it for the strip. Gonna have it at the track soon when it opens. Kinda hard to be in a high 14 sec car when my last car was a 12second beast. Still love the whole reliability thing, and getting into a car that i know will take me anywhere without exploding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts